ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BMC CDA Induction

Has anyone fitted one of these induction kits to a clio 182? If you have, are they any good and would you recommend them?

Also any pics would be great cheers.

Insignia SRi
Id be interested in knowing this as I was speaking to the JMS guys the other night and they reckon the standard airbox with a panel filter and the top CAF and accoustic valve removed gets better gains over most induction kits other than a maxogen. You still get a little induction roar too!!!

Must admit feels a lot better doing it this way and with the remap it really flies!!!

Last edited:
  clio sport 182
i had one,got rid off it tho seemed as if it killed my cars performance as i couldnt run a decent caf,i went back to standard box with itg panel filter,sooo much better

Insignia SRi
Yeah I had the same thing with a simota, great sound but sapped performance, as stated above thats what im running at the moment!!!

do you think it sapped the power because you couldn't get a decent caf? or just because it was poo?

Burg 172-Charge Ti Duster
Personally, ive got one, and i think its okay. I got one 2nd hand as i wouldnt pay full wak for a fake carbon box and filter (170!) got it for 50 quid and im laughin really.

Snapshot687.jpg

Unless you track the car or drive fast day in day out, i doubt you will notice the lack of a CAF.

Sounds really deep too, loads deeper than a simota. I say try it first hand as other people will have different views.

Hope it helps mate

Adam

I'm planning on doing some more trackdays this year, so do you think I'll lose out on power? I was thinking of removing the nearside foglight to plumb in a caf, do you think this would help?

Is a maxogen worth the money?

Clio Sport Ph2
2 adzybaby1234--> Can you please take some pics of air tube to the filter, I want to see how did you manage to place it underneath the bonet.

Thanks

VW Caddy Van
I had a BMC CDA and loved the noise and didn't feel any difference in power. It never lost and i don't think it gained. I secured mines up so the cold air coming in thro the radiator would get sucked into it. Cable ties around the battery tray bit worked a treat and their was a miniscule gap away from the radiator so it was just cold air coming in

I want another for the Fiesta

I had a BMC CDA and loved the noise and didn't feel any difference in power. It never lost and i don't think it gained. I secured mines up so the cold air coming in thro the radiator would get sucked into it. Cable ties around the battery tray bit worked a treat and their was a miniscule gap away from the radiator so it was just cold air coming in

I want another for the Fiesta

That might be the why it's not making any power...