ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BMC CDA Induction Kits

Renault Clio 172 Sport
Hi all,
My Induction Kit arrived yesterday, Ive got most of it fitted however i cant figure out where to put the oversized hoze i got with it!.
Does anyone have a photo of where they have theirs please so i have an idea if i have to cut mine or smash something to get it in!!.
I have a Phase 2 172 by the way..
Or if anyone can explain where to put it!.
Thanks

Last edited:
i havent fitted mine Stu, ive ordered a pipercross CAF to go down into the bottom grill.

There is a couple on here who have used a CAF to the front grill, but they have removed the fuel guard rail to allow it to fit.

If you need anything give us a call next week, the pipercross CAFs are in stock if you need one.

S1RST/205GTI
Been messing with mine all morning think the CAF you get with it is useless especially with the standard elbow,went out and bought some more flexible stuff but still not right,are after market bends shorter?therefore allowing more room to feed the CAF to the filter

Renault Clio 172 Sport
i havent fitted mine Stu, ive ordered a pipercross CAF to go down into the bottom grill.

There is a couple on here who have used a CAF to the front grill, but they have removed the fuel guard rail to allow it to fit.

If you need anything give us a call next week, the pipercross CAFs are in stock if you need one.

Hi Russ, My names Chris! (LOL). I just sorted an Induction Kit out for my mate Stu as well as me who you would have spoken to for payment.
Sounds like a plan, Russ - Do the PiperCross CAF's come with the red end or end to come out of the grill. Do they look something like this that i had on my old 172?
FrontOfClio.jpg

Renault Clio 172 Sport
C2WAK Looks cool mate i put mine in fog light surround.

DSC00272.jpg

Cheers mate, Unfortunately that was my old clio which i sold a few years back after having a baby. Well my Fiance!. Im planning on putting mine back in the same place on my current RS 172... Just need the CAF Russ is talking about.

Hi Russ, My names Chris! (LOL). I just sorted an Induction Kit out for my mate Stu as well as me who you would have spoken to for payment.
Sounds like a plan, Russ - Do the PiperCross CAF's come with the red end or end to come out of the grill. Do they look something like this that i had on my old 172?
FrontOfClio.jpg

thats the one Chris, what size did you use, 75mm?

Renault Clio 172 Sport
Russ Ive no idea, it came with the Kit i bought off fleabay at the time...

BLK RSC172

Cant view this mate, asks for a user ID and password.
here ya go...
i just cut and pasted the whole post!

a few things to mention, we installed a aluminum wall against the battery to give us a pocket of cold air behind the
head lamp, which is where we pick up out air from..
as you can see i have moved the factory air valve to next to the battery with it bocked off and still connected
also we have fitted a DIN53L that day too.,,,
also on the BMC we got rid of the factory hosing and used memorex hose..
bmc1.JPG

bmc2.JPG

bmc3.JPG

bmc4.JPG

bmc5.JPG

bmc6.JPG

bmc7.JPG

bmc8.JPG

Renault Clio 172 Sport
Thats the way I had mine installed on my Silver clio... I was just a bit baffled with the hose that came with the BMC...
Where did you get that hose from?

RB 182
What size CAF does the BMC take? Oh and how come you have split the CAF near the head lights? Wouldn't it be better to have it as one or did you come across problems in this area?

I,m going to have a crack at mine this weekend... Half and half about venting it through the bottom grille or to the left upper grille... Or maybe both :) lol

BLK RSC172
i got mine from a local supplyer, its called memorex hose. about $35AUD, which is about 15Quid. the engine side of the CDA is 70mm, due to a reducer, and the intake side of the CDA is 80mm i think...

best to use a hose that will fit over the filter, is very flexable but will hold its shape.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Cant view this mate, asks for a user ID and password.
here ya go...
i just cut and pasted the whole post!

a few things to mention, we installed a aluminum wall against the battery to give us a pocket of cold air behind the
head lamp, which is where we pick up out air from..
as you can see i have moved the factory air valve to next to the battery with it bocked off and still connected
also we have fitted a DIN53L that day too.,,,
also on the BMC we got rid of the factory hosing and used memorex hose..
bmc1.JPG

bmc2.JPG

bmc3.JPG

bmc4.JPG

bmc5.JPG

bmc6.JPG

bmc7.JPG

bmc8.JPG

Do what he's done! None of this cutting into the grill pisch!!

BLK RSC172
yea i wanted everything that i do to my car reversable or able to be taken back so that it looks stock, as stock cars sell better in aus then modifyed ones.,!