ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

blue speedo /clocks

yes i changed the suface mount even down to the flashing immobiliser led any colour is possiblle just take care with the iron

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v

gibby, you got a part number (and company) for the LEDs you used? been having a hard time finding a suitable LED to use

cheers

D

Dynamic Devil

Can you let me know aswell as I would be interested in doing this aswell.

Looking mint by the way!

Polo + Micra

that looks quality!!

will you be doing a how to guide??? i think i could do it myself but would an idea of how to do it first

BMW X5

That looks sweeeeeeeeeeeet!!

I would love to do that but would never have the bottle to strip down my clocks!! Ignition wire was scary enough for me!!

How much would u want for doing it mate? And where bouts u based?

Dave

500bhp Scoob

Cupcake, id be willing to do yours 1 day, if you bought the LEDs.

I do alot of surface mount soldering at work, so a few LEDs is no trouble at all.

They do look good, wish it was that easy to change on the mk1 dials

Ford Fiesta

it looks good. Someone else did theirs on here not long back.

Have you changed the rest of the dash and the leccy window switches etc too?

Bumder With A Buffer

can u post a step by step guide on how u did it at all?? Im assuming u can do this to the 172??

The standard orange looks cack.

Bumder With A Buffer

oh and could u do do it so u could change the colurs and have two tone??? maybe red and blue?? like the vws?

sorry for thedelay everyone the part numbers

RS COMPONENTS BLUE 454-4469

GREEN 454-4475

RED 454-4481

YELLOW 247- 1038

IM ON WITH THE HEATER CONTROLS, WINDOW SWITCHES,LOCK BUTTON AND REAR SCREEN

Polo + Micra

also it possible to have different colour for little computer display and needles???

BMW M3 - For Sale!

damn that would be good on my MK1 RT! does anyone know if its any easier or harder to do on a MK1?

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v

gibby, you must be sick of all the questions, but i have a few more

is the instrument panel vibrant or dull with those LEDs? i was always told to go for a 140mcd LED in the clio

next question, is there a gap between the dials and the standard LEDs? even just a few mm?

IT IS VIBRANT I TRIED SOME OTHER LEDS FIRST AND ALTHOUGH OK AT NIGHT IN DAYLIGHT YOU COULN T TELL THEY WERE ON AS FOR THE GAP I DONT THINK SO

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v

:( about the lack of gap... ive had my instrument panel off before to paint the insert, but never actually opened it to check.

Im waiting on pioneer getting back to me about the wavelength of the LEDs on my headunit before i order any LEDs, just to try and get a consistant colour :)

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v

id imagine thered be an LED directly behind the start of each needle, maybe gibby could confirm?

if there is, then itd just be a case of fitting another colour LED in place, but be warned, due to the angle of LED, the colours might mix a bit close to the needle

YES THERE IS BUT IVE USED MY ORIGINAL CLOCKS WERE THE NEEDLES ARE CLEAR ON THE 172 CLOCKS I HAVE WITH RED NEEDLES THEY STILL ILLUMINATE RED IVE TRYED BOTH AND PREFER BLUE

Bumder With A Buffer

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ thats wot im thinking of doing! thats looks well nice.

Anyone fancy telling me how to do it? dont wanna mess anything up. oh and can u get a haynes/workshop manual for the mk2 172s??? if so ware from?

Richy

hiya all is this possible to do on the climate control display panel...I have a dynamique model but its fitted with climate and a/c so id be wanting to change the whole colour of the dash not just the clocks...is this possible?