ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blue 197 Project

Albi Blue 197
Afternoon,

thought I would start a thread as I go on with modifying my 197.

ive only had it a week, I come from a mixed car background (911, Elise, STI, M3 etc) but due to starting to race, I have downsized to a 197 for daily .

Its a one owner from new car, owned by an older couple , 52k on the clock and the bodywork and interior is in fantastic condition.

first things first was to get her up on a ramp and give her a good thorough check.
the underside was very clean indeed, with no damage to the jacking points either.

Went ahead and changed the oil for Shell Helix and refreshed the box with Fuchs Sintofluid.

next came the issue of the ride height, so I fitted H&R springs. Rears took no time at all, but the fronts looked to take longer. Forums suggested the from takes 4 hours including dropping the subframe!! 45 minutes later, the fronts were fitted.

the drop is perfect, but spacers will be needed to fit the arch properly.

really like the colour.
5D5C342E-9E2C-4FAF-8ECC-5E4F5D5BA12D_zpsjtvzocb7.jpg

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
The fronts on these are a pain in the ass to fit mate so fair play for doing it that quick!

What's next on the to do list?

Albi Blue 197
they are a pain if you have to drop the front sub frame I can see that haha!

next on the list is better tyres, not a fan of Falken, Cup spoiler, side skirts and splitter.
wheels in anthracite also, then I just need to decide what route I want to go exhaust wise.

so much to do but racing takes up all my time and money haha

thanks