ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blu ray burner.

Kawasaki ER6N
Complete novice to this used to download (legally) films all the time and now I'm debating doing the same with blu ray films due to faster Internet.

Anyone have, or know of a decent and not hugely expensive external burner I can run off my laptop and what software/convertors I would need to play the discs on ps3.

Also any difference in the discs available?

This any good?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0017K4OZO/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Thanks.

Last edited:
  Kawasaki ER6N
Stream it from where?

That's also means I can't have a collection of films.

Love film etc don't stream hd films.

Listerine & Poledo
you can stream from a Windows PC to a PS3. Win7 can do this out of the box.

or just store everything on a NAS drive and stream from there

Kawasaki ER6N
I'm running vista not 7.

However if I get a 7 disc I can just download a film to an external hard drive and stream to the ps3?

Would the quality be as good as if it was a blu ray disc?

Listerine & Poledo
well, providing your network can hack it yeah.

Vista should be able to do it too, you need toset the machine up as a "Media Server", so the PS3 can pick it up.

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
I store all my media on my external HDD and have XBMC running constantly on my second monitor. I can then control that with my iPhone from anywhere.

This only really works if you watch your movies near you computer.

Tesla MP3 2021
I use to burn HD films to Blue ray discs and its a royal pain in the arse.

I would just stick to streaming, there are various ways to do this, like what is mentioned above.

Kawasaki ER6N
Will have a look into streaming as if not having to buy a blu ray burner will get a bigger hd to store everything on.

Kawasaki ER6N
Yeah found seagate 2tb ones for £70 on amazon.

Do you use media streaming or iss to have a web server as lots of mixed guides on the net lol.

If you just allow file sharing on the comp how do I get the ps3 to find the hd?