ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blown up R27......

Turbo LY R27
....is now back!
After nearly 3 months of being without it i finally have it!!! Beand new engine and evrything!
Car was on 47k, always serviced on time, never gunned before warming up etc and on the way to work it got to 5.5k and threw a rod through the front of the block! 2 MASSIVE holes!!
So after ages of waiting i finally got it back on tuesday, along with a new rear bumper and cup spoiler. thought i might as well wait a bit longer and get that done as well!
Drives amazing now, it feels like a really strong engine and my last one pumped out 190 as standard! Cant wait to open it up, think its gonna be a flyer!!
Here he is.....
IMG_0199.jpg

IMG_0198.jpg

IMG_0197.jpg

IMG_0196.jpg

IMG_0195.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg

IMG_0193.jpg

IMG_0192.jpg

IMG_0191.jpg

IMG_0188.jpg

IMG_0187.jpg

Lovely car. Why did you need a new rear bumper?

Don't like the bolt on exhaust tips, they look pretty tacky.

Evo 8 MR
Wow, how on earth did you manage to blow it it up?

Was you constantly travelling at high revs for long periods?

Thought these engines were rock solid tbh.

Turbo LY R27
Lovely car. Why did you need a new rear bumper?

Don't like the bolt on exhaust tips, they look pretty tacky.

Got the repair work done at west sussex motors, and the body work done at washington coachworks! Cant recommend them enough, the paint work is amazing!!! Looks so good!

Lol there not bolt-on! Its a powerflow zaust. Same size tips as miltek etc!

Yeah all warrenty, engine alone was 9-10k!!

I dont no how it blew, i was on my way to work, wasnt really goin for it either. Just bad luck i guess, but there supposed to be gunned, no one ever said to me its been driven to hard. I would of gone to town if they did say that!!!

Turbo LY R27
oh and it needed a new rear bumper coz my ex ran in the back of me a year ago, long story, im a mug, we broke up etc and i got lumbered with it. Life lesson me thinks!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Got the repair work done at west sussex motors, and the body work done at washington coachworks! Cant recommend them enough, the paint work is amazing!!! Looks so good!

Lol there not bolt-on! Its a powerflow zaust. Same size tips as miltek etc!

Yeah all warrenty, engine alone was 9-10k!!

I dont no how it blew, i was on my way to work, wasnt really goin for it either. Just bad luck i guess, but there supposed to be gunned, no one ever said to me its been driven to hard. I would of gone to town if they did say that!!!

A 197 engine is 10k...! What the f**k?

Turbo LY R27
Washington coach works is in west sussex mate, near brighton. They have a website, amazing place, they have some really high end cars there so there paintwork is spot on and really priced well!

Lol cant hear the turbo, maybe a 200 lump lol! ;)

Turbo LY R27

Cost shed loads!! All new alternator, looms, lump, the lot, total bill is about 11k and is prob more, he wouldnt tell me, only what the engine with all bits cost, so guessing its loads! I was shocked as well!!

Evo 8 MR

Probably just Renault charging what they want for carrying out the work and the parts will be priced for what they would be to everyday customers ie. not trade priced or whatever.

If it's warrenty work they will recover all costs from the company and I'd imagine they'd slap a huge inflated bill on their desk.

Don't know if that's how things work but that's my opinion.

Turbo LY R27
I dont have the photo's of the old engine, i was shown them when i went to pick it up. But take my word for it, it was fooked lol!

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Looks stunning in LY, will you struggle to sell a car thats had a new engine? Never really looks good i suppose

320d
Love that mate. Looks really good. I wouldn't worry about the engine swap if I was buying it. If its all documented and the change was done under warranty at Renault if anything its a good thing.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Hope you're not planning on selling the car on the forum! Too much information on here is more often than not a dangerous thing!!

Turbo LY R27
Cheers for all the comments lads! No its a standard diffuser but got back 2 black on it.
Tbh i dont intend on selling it so its not really an issue, but its all documeted and i have proof of everything anyway.

I would never sell on this forum with some of the prices some people give lol!