ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blown airbag (172 Seat)

H

harryr34

Hi,

My 172 had a blown airbag in the seat, i have read that i can wire a resistor into the circuit to switch off the Service & Air bag lights. Has anyone done this?

Thanks

Harry

Id get it repaired properly.. else you might find problems with insurance etc..(I think, insurance is affected by airbags.. )

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

When one of the airbags goes off it takes the CPU for the airbag system with it. You want to get that checked out before bodging a fix IMO.

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

A pot hole set one off in the missus Bros 172 I think it cost nearly a grand to sort. They had to replace the seat cover, the air bag and the air bag computer as apparently there useless once theve been triggered and cant be reset.

Astra coupe

yeh my drivers airbag has been set off in my 1.2 clio....i found it would cost me about 500 for a new accutator so i said screw it and took the blub out the dash and got a new airbag..obviously wont work but its a cheap and easy fix.

Clio200 EDC Lux

m8 I would get the drivers airbag working, its one thing not having a seat airbag. Its another thing when you have a head on smash with no drivers airbag.

[Edited by Storm_Force on 21 May 2005 at 11:27pm]

If you stick an resister of the apparopriate size in the airbags then you can remove the airbags and theres no problem. However once youve set the airbags out you need a new computer the airbag computer can be used only once to set the airbags off and once used you need a new ones sticking a new airbag in will do nothing. You can unplug the light etc but the airbags will never go off again in any crash without a new computer.
The computers are about £300~350 I think last time I checked and you need it reprograming by Renault etc to amek it work.
SO thats your optiosn either unplug the light and remove all the airbags (after all there only wasted weight so might as well take them out) or get a new airbgas computer and airbag or get a new computer and then stick a resister in the wiring for that one airbag.