ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bloke reversed into my Trophy. What would you do?

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Toby, even if you don't claim you are more of a risk to the insurer as you've had a bump - regardless of fault!

Agreed though, that if you shop around at renewal it shouldn't really affect you but the same insurer usually puts the premium up.

The same insurer usually put the premium up come renewal regardless of a bump or not lol....

My last years company was also happy to price match my best quote too (although they wanted proof of said quote). I really think people on here/the internet blow non fault claims out of proportion, even more so after my recent experience.

clio 182 trophy
@jesus this happened to me at a petrol station. Watched the guy reverse into the front of me. I shouted but it was too late. Got all his details and took a few photos and his plate. He said not to go through insurance so i got a quote for a spray. 160 quid, job done. If the guy had the decency to wait for you then i''m sure £150 won't be the end of the world for him.

Cropper

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Sport 200T
Go round with a crate of beer! Make sure he knocks a few bottles back and then ask for the money (and half for the crate)

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
I wouldn't go 50/50 as to repair it properly the bumper will have to be resprayed so it's irrelevant that it had scratches already.

I also disagree with the don't go through your insurance brigade. The non-fault claim for a van hitting my R26 didn't cause my premium to increase, in fact the renewal price from Greenlight actually decreased.

Clio 172 ph1
I don't know where people get the idea that there insurance will jump up for making a none fault claim?
Not saying you should go necessarily through them but if you do you shouldn't get stung come renewal.

My insurance has gone up £200 a year coz of a no fault claim. Stay as far away as possible from insurance at all times!!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
How about this, both the times I've claimed on my own insurance, the crash being my fault my insurance has gone down at renewal.