ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bleeding brakes.

Seat Ibiza
Hi, sunday I went about changing my brake hoses, broke a nipple and got a second had caliper off a guy from here. Fitted it, bled the brakes with 'Gunson Eezibleed' always kept fluid topped up.
Anyways, I can get a pedal easily when the vehicle is off, but as soon as I start the car, pedal straight to the floor, have I missed or broke something?

Please help...i'm lost without my car :(

Clio 172 cup
Not 100% sure but u may need to bleed the all the brakes in the correct order and in diagnals

Ie, drivers front > passenger rear> passenger front > drivers rear

Seem to remember this but could be talking sh1t

Clio 172 cup
Not 100% sure but u may need to bleed the all the brakes in the correct order and in diagnals

Ie, drivers front > passenger rear> passenger front > drivers rear

Seem to remember this but could be talking sh1t

Seat Ibiza
Is that the order, I've been doing it the brake furthest away from the master cylinder! So I'm bleeding it wrong?

Arctic Blue 182 FF
Dan you dont say if you have bled brakes before, but general rule is start furthest from master then diagonally as raiderman says,and do them with handbrake off, but looks you are still getting air in there somewhere matey

Seat Ibiza
Yeah I have bled brakes before mate but I've always been taught to start from the furthest away from master cylinder and get closer...! Get me?
Obvo that way is wrong! Lol!

Mk5 golf gti
No you are right mate

its furthest away first

so do the opposite to Raidermans order lol

172/1.2/E30
Check the hose connectors for leaks. mine wasn´t sealed properly and i pushed massive 3l through the system and still had a spongy pedal... fail!

LY R26, LY 182
I changed the fluid on mine on Sunday also using the ezebleed kit. I found (on this forum) that the order was Passenger front, drivers front, passenger rear, drivers rear - so did it in that order.

The kit works well for me by myself, but then did the manual way, got the wife to pump the brakes (engine off) and opened each nipple in the above order again, and a few more bubbles came out. Did it twice just to be on the safe side, and now the brakes are spot on.

Try bleeding them again (perhaps try the above order, although it may not be 100% as I thought it was supposed to be the furthest one from the master cylinder first?!?) Also check you connections again, but you'd probably see some leakage by now...

Seat Ibiza
Yep, and I can get a pedal when engine off but as soon as it's on I have nothing, straight to the floor!

clio
I have seen it somewhere that it.should be.bled closest to master cylinder first and move further.away . I did mine last week and did it as I normally would ie furthest first and all was good.

Edit i think it was in the 197 service manual that said closest first

Seat Ibiza
Yeah it comes straight back to the top but its like theres too much assistance if that makes sense?

clio
He means does it pump up as in go harder when you pump it with the engine off. It should go pretty much solid after a few pumps

Seat Ibiza
Yeah that's what I mean, it pumps up, when it's off, but as soon as I start the car the pedal, no matter how much I pump it, it doesn't even attempt to go solid.

172 cup, Impreza P1
Order should be drivers rear, passenger front, passenger rear, drivers front in that order. Sounds like you are getting air in when pumping the pedal. When I get the mrs to press the brake pedal I always tell her to count to 3 on the way down and then the same on the way back up. If you go too fast you will draw air in.

Seat Ibiza
Order should be drivers rear, passenger front, passenger rear, drivers front in that order. Sounds like you are getting air in when pumping the pedal. When I get the mrs to press the brake pedal I always tell her to count to 3 on the way down and then the same on the way back up. If you go too fast you will draw air in.

I was using a eezie bleed kit, so no-one was pumping the pedal! I think I will do it the normal way tomorrow.