ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bleeding 182 brakes

Ultra Red Megane R26

Im not convinced my brakes are as they were when I bought the car. Id like to bleed the brakes myself rather than have to pay someone else to do it. However Ive read that when bleeding the brakes on a car with ABS you need to activate the ABS to get all the old fluid out! Do you have to use some special gizmo when bleeding the brakes?
Are there any tools recommended for the job?

Thanks

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

conventional bleeding. the tiny amount of fluid within the abs block which wont remove on conventional bleeding is so tiny it will make no difference. Activation of solenoids,pump etc with clip is only really needed if its a new pump or its been completly drained of fluid.

Dont fully drain the system. Drain the plastic reservoir and fill with fresh fluid. bleed as normal and use the new fluid to push out the old fluid. Use a clear tube off the nipple so you can see when the new fluid gets through and to check for air bubbles. Do not put on the ing whilst bleeding.