ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

black mk1 16v

Renault Clio 1.6 CUP
calipers-orange-copy.jpg

quick shop :)

wilky19

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon FR 184
Are you doing front and back calipers in orange rob... will look good

front for now to see how i like them.

think im going to do the towing eye aswell. did intend to do this when i first did the engine but didn't get round to it

wilky19

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon FR 184
little update.

the power steering has had to come off for a while. its a bit gutting having to remove it but it need to be done before something happened with the aux belt and it took the cambelt with it.

basically the pump was making a proper racket and was generally getting worse. also the belt was loosing its tension which was making me worry about the belt coming off and doing major damage. when i removed the bracket i soon realised why it was loosing its tension, most of the ally teeth on the bracket had sheared off. also the bearings in the tensioner sound to have gone.

i still want to keep the power steering in the long run, so at the moment im looking for different way of tensioning the belt without the standard tensioner. ive got an idea that should/might work but waiting for parts to arrive.

so in all for now im running a vovlo setup with just the alternator which suck with the car being a daily but needs must

wilky19

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon FR 184
had a little bit of knocking from the front right a while ago but couldn't find the problem when i looked over the car, then the knocking stopped and didn't think much of it.

whilst i was doing some "upgrading" on the car today i finally found out what the knocking was
STA60319.jpg

STA60318.jpg

at least they are being "upgraded"

also whilst up "upgrading" I've hit a wall. for the life of me i can't get this ball joint of the hub I've tried spreading the hub to release it put no luck.
STA60320.jpg

would a fork ball joint separator definitely get it off

ITB'd MK1
use a fork type balljoint splitter, or even better as you have the driveshaft out the way, just hit the top of the balljointwith a hammer and drift. I've used an air hammer on this in the past when they're really rusted up

wilky19

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon FR 184
ball joint splitter did the trick both hubs are now off and half of the new stuff is on. will finish the rest off tomorrow. then I'll do a full update.

wilky19

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon FR 184
bought a new car so the clio is now up for sale. ad will follow shortly

Last edited: