ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black Ice 1.2 16V

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Hi guys,
New to the forum as I've just bought my first car; a Black 1.2 16v Dymanique :) Loving it so far!
I've got some plans for it and was hoping that a little inspiration/comments from the members of CS would help bring it along nicely :)
Here's the car as I bought it. Came with a colour coded sport spoiler, 172 Alloys and a black/silver interior with the sport dials too I believe.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

I already had a new car stereo at home; a Kenwood KDC-BT41U so I first wanted to get that installed. Pretty good little stereo to be honest!

4.jpg

I left the car at this stage for quite some time; was too busy enjoying driving it to do anything else! But then the classic 'Clio won't start/engine cutting out' issue occured. So while the car was at the garage it gave me a chance to develop the style I'm going for. A black, white and blue colour scheme :) So with that in mind, I turned the garage into a spray shop. I wanted to spray the front diamond, bullets, speaker covers and interior dash trim/gear insert white.

7.jpg8.jpg6.jpg

2 weeks later I finally picked the car back up :) I'd collected a few CS Stickers and the badges/trim etc were ready to go on the car. I also got myself an RS Grille for Christmas which really makes a difference to the look of the front!

9.jpg10.jpg11.jpg12.jpg13.jpg14.jpg15.jpg

At some point soon I'll spray the rear diamond and 'Clio' badge white too :) I'm also planning to colour code my side strips to give a more sleek look. The newest addition to the car is a 172 rear bumper that I picked up for a decent £90; spent this morning fitting it :) Wasn't quite the 15min job I expected... Overtightened rusted bolts are hell... One needed sawing off!

16.jpg17.jpg18.jpg19.jpg20.jpg21.jpg22.jpg

Dead happy with the improvement this bumper makes! The old one was in a naff condition too. I've also made some smaller modifications, white headlights/sidelights etc.

Eventually I'm going to get my alloys refurbed and sprayed white with a blue centre diamond and outer lip. Some other possible mods include;
Pressed Plates
Lowering (Advice on how much would be appreciated)
Sport Side Skirts (Too much?)
Colour Coded Side Strips
Other Interior/Exterior Trim Pieces to be Sprayed White
New Speakers (Make and Model Undecided)

Any other ideas/suggestions would be appreciated :)

Cheers :)

Craig

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
IMO the rear end needs spacers. It only shows in the very last picture. Side skirts will look good with some 172 or 182 alloys.

Sport interior. Colour code. f**king everything? lol.

Also the pressed plates dont look great maybe just me, i would go with just some clean ones. Maybe a 3/4 plate for the front.

TT QS
Do you need the wheels off to get the bumper off? It's on my list I havnt looked yet :(. Tidy Car, I like your plans :)

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
IMO the rear end needs spacers. It only shows in the very last picture. Side skirts will look good with some 172 or 182 alloys.

Sport interior. Colour code. f**king everything? lol.

Also the pressed plates dont look great maybe just me, i would go with just some clean ones. Maybe a 3/4 plate for the front.

I was thinking that the side skirts would look decent with the alloys I've got as standard (172).
I'm definitely colour coding as much as I can inside TBH! When I had only done the dash trim white they just looked out of place, as I've added more it gives more of a theme :)

Spacers? As in, extending the tyres/wheels out slightly??

Do you need the wheels off to get the bumper off? It's on my list I havnt looked yet :(. Tidy Car, I like your plans :)

You don't need to jack the car up and take the wheels off to remove the bumper but it helps one hell of alot. The more wiggle room you give yourself the easier it is :)
Cheers mate :)

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Hi again guys,
Been busy with work this week so time for another quick update. I know this isn't to everyone's taste but I fancied trying it out, I've wired blue LED tubes up into the interior light to light the footwells. I actually quite like it to be honest! (*Puts on flame shield*) :D

23.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You havben't got 172 alloys, you've got standard dynamique alloys. They're the same but 172's are 16 inch, yours are 15 inch.

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
You havben't got 172 alloys, you've got standard dynamique alloys. They're the same but 172's are 16 inch, yours are 15 inch.

Ahh good to know thanks for that mate. I just assumed 172 because of their design! Cheers :)

crashed clio
looks good mate, keep it nice and simple and the white and black theme would look good. maybe a sport interior next?

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
looks good mate, keep it nice and simple and the white and black theme would look good. maybe a sport interior next?

Thanks mate I plan to keep it simple, strictly black/white and blue theme :)
Hmm potentially I haven't thought too much about the interior yet haha! I'm quite fond of the standard Dynamique interior I've got; but it could change eventually.

Spent 5 hours completely washing, waxxing and polishing the car today. Not really worth it in the Winter I know but the car needed its first full valet ;)
Dead happy with AutoGlym; that stuff is magic! Too dark for pictures now though... Damn early sunsets...

I also picked up another gear stick insert from a scrapyard this morning, one with 1-2-3-4-5-R indented into it.
Going to spray it white and use a touch-up nib to get the indent section blue :)

Got myself some new sidelights too, here's a quick couple of pics.

24.jpg25.jpg

Either that's an absolutely s***e camera/lighting or your front left is beyond illegal lol. I suspect/hope it's the former.

R.E. Wheels, lowering & spacing. The 172/Dynamique wheels tend to look a bit s*** in white as the spokes are too wide. White looks great on multispoke GT/touring car look-a-likes, but not big thick chunky unsophisticated 172/Dynamique wheels. Regardless, I'm sure you'll be able to find some pics on here of white 172/Dynamique wheels to see if you like them.

See this thread for lowering http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...ce-please!-)&p=8359732&viewfull=1#post8359732, or indeed just do a search for lots of pictures http://www.cliosport.net/forum/search.php?searchid=5070728. If you go for lowering springs make sure you get the right ones (Prolines vs Sportlines - I can never remember which is which!)

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Either that's an absolutely s***e camera/lighting or your front left is beyond illegal lol. I suspect/hope it's the former.

Hahaha yeah that's just the bog standard camera on my phone mate! It takes a decent enough picture but the exposure levels give results like that :p

I've heard that before about the Dynamique alloys and the spokes being too wide. But I've searched it a few times and I reckon that if the car is lowered enough to lose the arch gap it looks quite decent; each to their own though :)

Thanks for the links mate I'll give them a read.

sport interior is not that difficult or expensive to do tbh. i hav a dynamic and the seats are quite nice, but nothing compares to the leather feel lol. plus they are the same style as the dynamic ones, and my insurance company were happy to list them as just an upholstry change.

looks good clean mate :)

Thanks mate :) I've got a mate who has the sport interior in his 1.2 Authentique; there is something awesome looking about it I've gotta admit! Good to know that the insurance companies may not try and rip me off for it either.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Grande 1.2
I like the interior blue LED tubes!! haha some may say its chavvy!! but if the car dosent look chavvy, then i think it looks good i think! and nice car mate!! good job so far :cool:

(s)Low Dynamique
Nice car, same base that I had! Check out my thread if you want some ideas! Things I would do though...

Definitely colour code those side strips, just smartens it up from every angle!
Grab some silvervisions off ebay, incredible difference to both ends!
Get a shorter aerial so you don't look like a taxi driver :p
And either colour code your from bumper plastics or get a sport front bumper :)
Slam it?

It looks decent as it is now, they're just some ideas to finish it off :D

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
thanks for that mate :D, Very nice motor also

No worries, Thanks bud :D

I like the interior blue LED tubes!! haha some may say its chavvy!! but if the car dosent look chavvy, then i think it looks good i think! and nice car mate!! good job so far :cool:

Haha cheers man :) I really like the look they give to the interior and like you said; if the rest of the car isn't chavvy I'm in the clear... Hopefully! :p

Nice car, same base that I had! Check out my thread if you want some ideas! Things I would do though...

Definitely colour code those side strips, just smartens it up from every angle!
Grab some silvervisions off ebay, incredible difference to both ends!
Get a shorter aerial so you don't look like a taxi driver :p
And either colour code your from bumper plastics or get a sport front bumper :)
Slam it?

It looks decent as it is now, they're just some ideas to finish it off :D

Thanks marte :) I'll check your thread out for a little inspiration.
I've already got the paint ready to colour code the side strips mate; I fancy doing it myself :)
As for silvervisions; planning on ordering them when I get paid haha!
I've already got a small silver aerial but don't have any pictures of it on the car as of yet :p
As for the front bumper; I'm umming and ahhing about whether to upgrade or colour code...

Slam it? More than likely ;)

Thanks for the responses guys keep 'em coming!

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Forgot to add; pictures of a (rarely) clean car!

26.jpg27.jpg

I desperately need to spray those back badges white IMO!

Grande 1.2
my mate sprayed his rear badges white...... didnt end as well as he hoped!! was a dark blue car... might look better on black.... but just thought id warn ya mate!

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
my mate sprayed his rear badges white...... didnt end as well as he hoped!! was a dark blue car... might look better on black.... but just thought id warn ya mate!

Thanks for the heads up mate. I've sprayed my front badge and bullets white and like the look of them so I'll risk it haha! :)

Monaco 172
is this me mat? ;) ha yeh i sprayed my diamond while it was on the car, defos do it right, its worth it!

Grande 1.2
lol i thought it was strictly to the corsa forum from now on joss! the one day i come on in months and your on! :rasp: still addicted arent ya mate!

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
is this me mat? ;) ha yeh i sprayed my diamond while it was on the car, defos do it right, its worth it!

You left the badge on the car to spray it?! Haha seriously brave to try that :p I'm planning on removing all of the badges and spraying them in the same way as the others I've done; I think I posted some pics of them post-spraying :)

the car is looking sweet!

end statement :)

Thanks man! :)

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
One of my new multi-led sidelights had one intermitent flickering bulb. Thank god for 1 year warranty, two working bulbs and a spare now! :)

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Some serious stuff has happened with the Clio in the past few days! The two tyres on the left hand side were 185/55/15 and the right were 195/55/15's. So naturally I got the two left ones changed to match; then the s**t hit the fan....

A few hours later I heard a grinding noise... And smelt rubber....
Turns out the coil spring on the passenger side had snapped at the top and bottom! I'm thinking that the previous owner snapped it and put the skinny tyres on to avoid the broken spring grinding the tyre (I would've noticed if the spring snapped like that!)... What a tool.
So after buying two new tyres I need a new spring (Can't afford coilovers yet :() and another tyre, because mine now looks like this!
28.jpg

Every cloud has a silver lining and all that though; because now I've put the 185/55/15 spare tyre on (black hubcap; doesn't scrape the spring) it looks pretty tasty. So I'm thinking, black alloys and a white centre diamond is the direction I'm gunna go in, stealthy and all that!

So that's the update, hardly thrilling.. More annoying than anything to be honest!

See ya soon guys haha

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
lookin good mate pitty bout the spring/tyres could be a nice build this one been trying to keep a eye on here haha

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
lookin good mate pitty bout the spring/tyres could be a nice build this one been trying to keep a eye on here haha

Cheers mate :) Yeah it is a bit of a shame really; brand new tyre shot to s**t :(

She's in the garage today getting a new coilspring and tyre so almost back to 100% :D Means I can get back to modifying it!

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Couldn't you just of bought a set of lowering springs for the minute? Two birds, one stone! :)

I was tempted mate! Bank balance stopped me though haha!
Car is back on the road 100% fixed now :)
Next up.. Alloy refurb/spray and then coilovers :D

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
how much did you pay for the spring as you can buy apex springs from ktec for like £110 and i think eibachs are £160 and there for the whole car.

Here's the car as I bought it. Came with a colour coded sport spoiler, 172 Alloys and a black/silver interior with the sport dials too I believe.

Doesn't have 172 wheels, nor sport dials.

Its a Mk2 Ph3. They came with the same style as the 172 alloys, but in 15 and a crap offset/width. The dials are ph3 dials, quite different to the sport ones and the ph2 ones.

Looking good though.

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Doesn't have 172 wheels, nor sport dials.

Its a Mk2 Ph3. They came with the same style as the 172 alloys, but in 15 and a crap offset/width. The dials are ph3 dials, quite different to the sport ones and the ph2 ones.

Looking good though.

Haha yeah I've realised that it's just ph3 styling now mate :p Looks more like the sport than it does anything else though IMO

Swindon mate haha why?