ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BLACK BADGES FOR A WHITE&BLACK MK3 CLIO :) (PICTURES COMING VERY SOON)

So my car officially is now all black & white :) Before i upload any pictures and guesses of how i decided to make them black?

-vinyl wrapping?
-spray painting?
-plastic covers from ebay?

Next mission is to lower it :)

(ALSO ANY ONE WHO OWNS A MK3 POST A PICTURE :) WOULD BE INTERESTED TO SEE WHAT OTHERS LOOK LIKE!)

this is my clio WITHOUT the black badges ...
7051122089_a9e5829c74_z.png

Re: BLACK BADGES FOR A WHITE&BLACK MK3 CLIO :)

So here it is ... i decided to spray it in matte black! risky i know :S but its turned out pretty well! Saved myself £80 for buying one off ebay and all the hassle of removing the bumpers etc... Heres a few pictures! ill get some better ones tomorrow :) these are just from my phone...

The badge in original chrome being masked up ...
6910979786_bcfb4b4193.png

Original rear badge being masked... (this was a pain as it doesn't have a surround like the front so had to mask it pretty damn precise so not to get any paint on the white :S)
7057063127_be96742554.png

Newspaper came in handy ;) think i used to much but best to be safe rather than sorry :L
7057063417_6f391299c7.png

Sticker boming IS SO LAST YEAR.... introducing news bombing ;)

7057062901_2c452c3389.png

first coat on the front badge! looks so shiny in the picture but after 5mins it became more like.......
7057063505_bf384e56e4.png

beginning to look more like matte black :)
7057063243_2208abeaf2.png

Spraying the rear ....
7057063057_88ed2a2e97.png

FINISHED REAR :)

6910978824_9efa4e28ff.png

FINISHED FRONT END :)

7057062671_995f0ca066.png

I'm very happy it went to plan without any problems! especially avoiding getting paint on the white body :S :) I will take some proper pictures when i go to the local industrial estate tomorrow so you can see the whole car with them done! :D

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
That's a big write up for "I sprayed my badges black".

Don't they just pull off? Or is it more complicated on the mk3s?

Last edited:
yeah think it is than compared with mk2's! i didn't wanna risk breaking them by taking it off plus i know that the front is screwed on and you have to take the bumper off to remove the badge ... the back is stuck on with adhesive as my 'clio' lettering was although i don't have anything to put it back on once off :) its only a mini project :L but yeah just thought i'd post it here as it seemed the best place to ... :cool:

BG FF 182
OMG! Really? Can't believe you did it like that! I wouldn't even risk getting paint on the car, there a piece of piss to pop off!

i didnt get a drop of paint on the body ... luckily! just masked it up and used loads of newspaper :) the front one was alright cause it had an existing black surround but the back was a little tricky but just did it so carefully :s :L do you know whether the fronts screwed on or not?

172 Cup Mk2 White
looks good mate, did you not rub them down a little before just to key the surface? shouldnt think the paint will be on there long?

Yeah i did a little bit :) It's suprisingly survived a wash today! Hopefully It won't peel off over time ... If it does then might consider wrapping it! But for now looks pretty cool :)

Vectra
as mentioned you should have just popped them off, but looks like you've done a good job.

whats your plans?

:lolup: its only a bit of paint RDH :) yeah wish i had (would have been a little easier :L ) but had no issues with doing the way i did it. at the end of the day its just spray paint so if it comes off over time i'll redo it that way :) the matte finish also looks pretty sweet alongside my basic black plastic bumpers :)