ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bizarre 182 problem - help required.

OK it could be any model but....

On first drive home I lost a £1 coin from the dash top cubby to the far left hand side of the dash - wedged between dash and windscreen. Yesterday after some exhuberant cornering the seemingly wedged coin shot across the dash and came to rest in the windscreen ventilation slot right in front of me. As I reached for it it fell into the slot and is now driving me nuts as it slides from one side of the car to the other in front of my shins in what sounds like some metal channelling!

How easy is this going to be to get at. The last thing I want to do on my "350 mile from new" car is to start tearing down the dahboard etc. but I cant live with that noise every time I throw the car around!

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

have you tried a magnetic tool and bunged it down the hole to see if itll come out?

tiTTy & SV650

lol did you know that not all grades of stainless steel are non-magnetic?!

another useless piece of trivia for you...

Ford Fiesta

when you sell the car add extra £1 to the price!

seriously though dont think there is any other way round taking the top dash off. Sure there was a guide somewhere on here for doing just that?

Liam

Ziel Nurburgring

Turn it over and shake it like the last penny in your piggy bank? If your not strong enough for that, try a piece of garden cane/stick with a bit lump of blue tak on the end or similar

Quote: Originally posted by blink172 on 22 March 2005

Turn it over and shake it like the last penny in your piggy bank? If your not strong enough for that, try a piece of garden cane/stick with a bit lump of blue tak on the end or similar
PMSL.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

i have done this before with a screwdriver bit on my old clio, I think even if you remove the dash top it will only make it a tad easier to ATTEMPT to get the £1 out, I didnt even try with the screw bit (and that was with the dash off) i am pretty sure it is an impossible if not an extremely time consuming and frustrating task! Fortunately for me, wherever the screw bit ended up, it didnt roll around or rattle.

[Edited by Gaz2130 on 22 March 2005 at 3:51pm]