ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bit of guidance wanted for some wheel options

Forester STi SG9
So, I recently got hold of a set of Prima Racing wheels. At the time it seemed like a great idea after seeing this thread http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?580594-Gold-Prima-Racing-Alloys-on-my-BG

It was a bit of an impulse buy as some had come up for sale around the same time that thread cropped up.

P1000426.jpg

P1000413.jpg

I cant make up my mind on them though! Sometimes I love them, sometimes I think they make me look like the local skunk dealer yahgetme? Although, I think it's more the current colour that gives me that impression (they are anthracite with a kind of bronze/gold fleck).

Anyway, I also have a nice straight set of 182 alloys, currently in silver but both the 182 wheels and Prima wheels could do with a refurb. The question is (as I will only want to fork out on getting one set refurbed), what should I go for? Opt for a refurb on the Prima wheels in silver, white? Or stick with 182 wheels in either silver or anthracite?

Personally I'm urging towards silver 182 again as I think it looks so much fresher!
P1000343.gif

Poor pics I know but I need you guys to use your imagination here anyway :)

Audi A5
Get another set of wheels completely?

Failing that refurb the 182 alloys in a nice oem anthracite colour.

TT QS
i like the prima alloys. in fact i like them a hell of alot. but i agree with the statement above. anth on the 182 wheels will look bang on

Forester STi SG9
Yeh Bobby that would be another option I guess, lol. Will try and stick with what I've got atm though.

Anyone good at photoshop fancy doing the Prima wheels in silver? Difficult to come to a decision without seeing it first.

Forester STi SG9
You're not wrong Jesus. The suspension has lowered slightly since those pictures were taken actually. I fitted some Eibach Sportlines 2 days ago and as they are starting to settle the wheels don't look as out of place as they did before. I've yet to fit my 182 wheels since lowering, no doubt when I do that will help with my decision making!

Here is how it stands today
IMG_20130525_181406.jpg

IMG_20130525_181113.jpg

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Imo mate, you need coilover's to pull those wheels off. Lowering springs do not do what is required.

Forester STi SG9
I think you're right. Cooksport springs would have been my preferred choice tbh. Sadly they were out of stock and since I had a front coil spring break I couldn't wait for them to be available.

Also I couldn't budget for a decent set of coilovers as I bought a boxster last week. Didn't want to sacrifice ride quality so I decided to go for Eibachs with new 172 cup front shocks and 182 cup rear shocks as to me that seemed the best option available for my budget. Really happy with how it handles now though!