ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bit of advice on Products & DA please?

Ibiza FR
I am into cleaning cars, but I’m looking to take it a bit further by getting into machine polishing as a hobby. I have read all of the guides and got my head around it now so I have started to look into getting the required products. I have already got a decent set of cleaning products I think:

• Meg’s Gold Class shampoo w/ Lambswool Mitt (2BM)
  • Meg’s clay kit
  • Autoglym Fast Glass / Glass Polish
  • I4D Huge Drying towel
  • Autoglym SRP
  • Carlack 68 sealant
  • Collinite No. 845 Insulator wax
  • Load of microfibers, a long wheel brush and foam applicators
  • Plus some other stuff I can’t remember
I think that covers most bases, I want to replace the Wax / Sealant, which I just bought to protect over the winter and for the wheels. I have seen Werkstat Acrylic Jett Trigger mentioned a lot – something worth getting?

So back to the machine polisher, I have seen this kit recommended on here before so think I will be getting this - http://i4detailing.co.uk/acatalog/Kestrel_DAS-6_Sonus_Kit_1.html.

In the basket I have also got 3M blue masking tape, 2x I4D wheel / detail brushes, and I4D Tyre gloss with applicators.

Am I missing anything in particular? Any other products to recommend over the ones I have got / going to order?

Cheers, Mitch

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
That's decent mate. The kestral is a good machine.

I much prefer this DA... http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/polis.../das-6-pro-dual-action-polisher/prod_673.html

But the kestral will serve you well. Just practice and practice somemore.

The jeffs kit id very good. I rate Prime as one of the best products I have.

Just buy the Prime and jeffs trigger, you don't need the full kit. The trigger is just a spray sealant that can be layered. I much prefer a wax to a selant but on your car Werkstat is best mate. :)

Ibiza FR
Thanks for the reply mate.

Am I right in thinking that is the 'Pro' model of the one I was looking at? Just found this package, would I be better off with something like that over the other kit? I haven't got any preference over a range of polishes / pads, anything you would recommend?

I prefer wax too from what I have used so far, but have heard very good things about trigger, so I will give that a go. Cheers for the heads up on not needing the whole kit.

Not a 320d
What big boy said. Prime will clean the paintwork right up. Trigger is piss easy to use and looks great.