ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bit of a weird one....

MK2 PH2 172 Cup
Right so the problem goes when I put my foot down in any gear,gets up into the top of the rev range and Revs drop off for a second and comes back and carrys on so where do I start looking ? Any ideas ?

MK2 PH2 172 Cup
It's not slipping from a hard launch or from going up hill in fifth or anything like that :/

MK2 PH2 172 Cup
Not as far as I know to I actually feel the entire car cut for a second and no it happens around 4.8k and 5.5k usually depending lol

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Yea it's quite possible to slip in gear but still bite just fine from a standing start.

MK2 PH2 172 Cup
Not that I've no to Dan, how would I tell? And it only happens when It's warm if that's any help

MK2 PH2 172 Cup
On idle or when trying to keep a constant speed? Nether which I've noticed but I will look for

RB Clio 182
Sure its not the bad standard map and the dip in power before the 5k kick making it feel s**t before it takes off?

MK2 PH2 172 Cup
Nah it's not tom, it is as if the engine stalls and comes back to life thought it could be potentially an air or fuel problem

RB Clio 182
Inlet leak?

When I snapped the rear bolt nearest the coolant tank on the inlet manifold when I was fitting the inlet, its caused a missfire when the car was warm, like it had expanded causing a leak, drilled it out and refitted the bolt and all was fine after.

MK2 PH2 172 Cup
Take it your on about one of the bolts on the throttle body? Speaking of that there's no gasket on the throttle body should there be?

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Take it your on about one of the bolts on the throttle body? Speaking of that there's no gasket on the throttle body should there be?
There's usually an orange rubber ring/gasket on the throttle body IIRC. Been a while since I took one off

RB Clio 182

I was on about the bolt that bolts the inlet manifold to the head mate, just at the side of the coil pack.

MK2 PH2 172 Cup
Nah had it off not long ago, all bolts in the manifold were fine as far as I know :) will check anyway thanks

MK2 PH2 172 Cup
Usually around 5.5/5.6 Dan, doesn't dance just completey drops 1000rpm then came back up again

MK2 PH2 172 Cup
Far as I can tell coil pack has never been done and its done 100k lol as for the flywheel thing I know it's sounds like I'm avoiding that but wouldn't it happen all the time not just intermittently? Cheers by the way guys appreciate all the comments so far :)