ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bit of a strange problem

Hi guys,
I dont really know if it is a problem or not but maybe someone knows an answer, it all started really after i changed my spark plugs to oem ngk plugs, on a morning when i start the car after 30sec or so of driving when i dip the clutch the revs rise from 0rpm to about 1.5k rpm (no accelerator applied), after 30sec or so the clutch can be dipped and it idles perfectly, im not to worried as it doesent affect anything buy someone may know why it does this, maybe cos it was mapped on the old spark plugs? i dont have a clue :S im sure some clio nut can figure it out :D

Cheers Dean

Id guess there is a slight air leak mate, re check the inlet is on right

I had the inlet off when changing the plugs, i used gasket sealant as recommened by Craig off her (APD developments), surely if it was an air leak the revs would rise constantly?

Various
Does it do it all the time or was it just the once. You shouldn't use gasket sealant on the plenum, stick with the Renault gaskets.

Does it all the time from starting up, its only when ive changed the plugs and re sealed the pleum, but after 30sec or so of driving its totally fine, its idles perfectly