ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bird s**t!

clio 172
Washing the car the other day i notice some bird s**t on it, and this was heavy s**t ! :(

using some bird dropping remover most of it came off but now I am left with an outline of where it was

does anyone have any ideas of how to get this off? and my car is black which doesnt help

You haven't had a bird s**t on your car, until one of the local Ostriches in my area have done the deal.

5619633428_ee33aab379_z.jpg

14/4/11 f**king Birds by Harpham y0, on Flickr

That was just on half the bonnet.

Make sure you clean it off straight away though, rather than leaving it.

White clique
Re: bird s**t!

If it has etched the paint, a machine polish is the only way to really get rid of it - you can try hand polish etc but it wont have the same effect.

Bux

Golf GTD
I hate bird crap :(

My old clio got coated in it just after I had washed it (sorry for the big pic):

IMG_0444.jpg

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
Keep some of wet wipes or those Autoglym wipes in your car. Having seen the damage it does on my sister in laws black golf it may sound ocd but get it off as soon as you can in 1st place.

The only way to get rid of the etching completely will be to cut it back. Something like auto glym polish or scratch-x may be enough otherwise a DA or rotary may be required with some cutting compound. Making sure you have a good coat of wax on will always help.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Just flol at this section these days!

People are really going to cost owners money one of these days with the shocking advice.

Keep some of wet wipes or those Autoglym wipes in your car. Having seen the damage it does on my sister in laws black golf it may sound ocd but get it off as soon as you can in 1st place.

The only way to get rid of the etching completely will be to cut it back. Something like auto glym polish or scratch-x may be enough otherwise a DA or rotary may be required with some cutting compound. Making sure you have a good coat of wax on will always help.

Don't use wipes. A spray is the only safe method of removal. Birds deliberately eat grit to aid digestion - these come out in the droppings so by using a wipe you are effectively wiping grit across your paint work.

Power spray down. If your car is well protected, this will help.