ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bilstien b14 coilover ride height

172 cup
Currently fitting my bilstien b14 coilovers. got the rears done last night, but ride height doesnt seem right.

Im sure I read sumwhere this kit is height adjustable between 30-60mm lower tham standard height.

I measured the height of arches before fitting, set the spring adjusting platforms nearly as low as they will go, took it for a 5mile drive, and it appears to be only about 5mm lower than the standard suspension.

It is all fitted as shown in the bilstien fitting leaflet.

Any ideas?

Tim

172 cup
yeah, originals on front at the moment, but changing them tonight.

I wud of thought id get more of a drop than 5mm though even with standard front suspension.

Does anyone else have this kit? or pics of a cup with it on?

172 cup
Have fitted the fronts now.

With no weight in the car except for fuel, front is about 35mm lower than standard, but back is still only about 5mm. does anyone have pics of rear springs/adjusting platforms?

M2 Competition
s77 ccp should be able to help, he has this kit fitted.

Sounds like you've got the rear spring assembly in the wrong order mate. If so, i wouldnt drive it until its sorted, something could pop out.

172 cup
Now suspension is fitted and all settled im getting a bit of scrubage on the front arches.

Front is down about 35mm from standard, with 205/45 16s.

On bends +roundabouts front wheel scrub on inner arch at the front about in line with the top of the bumper, where the inner arch has a lump that pokes out closer to the wheel. On the passenger side the inner arch has rubbed right through and has rubbed the pain off a metal bracket which I presume holds thr bumper on!

Am I gonna have to raise the front a bit? or get the angle gringer on it?

Presume this must be common. How low can you go on the front without scrubbing?

Tim

Weeman sucks ****
This should be pinned for those who put coilovers on.

You need to cut off or bend the mounting platform/bracket that joins the bumper. It's where that bulge is near the bumper/wing join.

If you don't and you lower the car it will catch it and potentially ruin a tyre or even peel it off depending on how fast you're going!

I just bent mine out of the way but you can cut it back to the nut.

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
I had the same issue on my FK's with 195/45-16's. I kept thinking that there were lower cars out ther than mine and they don't complain off tyres rubbing on arch.
Maybe I can go a bit lower then:)

Clio MK2 (1.2)
front goes down more cz ov the weight ov the engine, thats what i got told, and would take 3weeks for it 2 settle, well its been 3 weeks for me nd dont look any different on back, probz u should have got better Coilovers ?