ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bilsteins B14's fitted, now where do I need to go for setup?

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Hi,

Dont know if anybody could help me? Been looking around on here and apparently you can get your car set up after fitting coilovers, not an expert at this but some people mention camber bolts and corner weighing?

I live in North Wales and seriously interested in this, ive heard the benefits are big?

Would be willing to travel to Fred at BTW, herd a lot of good work from him? If he does it?

Any help would be great,

Thanks

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Fred can help you with supplying the camber bolts, and fitting them.

He has his own special way of doing it (so he says ;) ), he's done it to my car.

Let's just say it'd be worth the trip down from Wales to see him!

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Fred can help you with supplying the camber bolts, and fitting them.

He has his own special way of doing it (so he says ;) ), he's done it to my car.

Let's just say it'd be worth the trip down from Wales to see him!

Ok, thanks for this, I fitted the coilovers myself but dont have a clue on camber etc, what is the idea then? Just to have your wheels on more of an angle? Did you bother using corner weighing? I just used a ruler on the actual shock to match em?

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
That's pretty much what we did when we fitted the coilovers, just whacked the OE bolts back in.

The camber bolts allow for the adjustment to negative camber (what you want).

Nope...didn't bother with corner weighting.

Couple of pics to show sort of what it looks like.

SDC10008.jpg

SDC10013.jpg

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
That's pretty much what we did when we fitted the coilovers, just whacked the OE bolts back in.

The camber bolts allow for the adjustment to negative camber (what you want).

Nope...didn't bother with corner weighting.

Couple of pics to show sort of what it looks like.

SDC10008.jpg

SDC10013.jpg

Ahhhaaa, understand now. Do you mind if I ask how much it cost you and if it was worth it? I think the car handles mint allready, could it possibly get even better? :)

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Yeah it gets better!

Not sure as I had some other bits and bobs at the same time, best off speaking to Fred.

Si

RS Clio 172
Looks good, cheers for the link. Did you see an improvement?

Yes. Turn-in is a lot smoother. The car is far less jittery on the whole so i feel more confident cornering.

I also had a whiteline rear arb fitted at the same time so the results can't just be put down to the set-up alone.

Track-Group were great. I had a rough Idea of what it all meant/what I wanted but they explained everything as they went though.

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Yes. Turn-in is a lot smoother. The car is far less jittery on the whole so i feel more confident cornering.

I also had a whiteline rear arb fitted at the same time so the results can't just be put down to the set-up alone.

Track-Group were great. I had a rough Idea of what it all meant/what I wanted but they explained everything as they went though.

Tidy, thanks Si. Ill contact them as well. 3 hours away but there service sounds brill. Whiteline rear arb sounds like a good mod on this too. Cheers

Si

RS Clio 172
Yep! The camber bolts were from whiteline too. TDF are a Whiteline supplier iirc.

Fred's good too but he was nasty about my exhaust.

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Yep! The camber bolts were from whiteline too. TDF are a Whiteline supplier iirc.

Fred's good too but he was nasty about my exhaust.

That is excellent, all what I need is in one place :). I did see the comment, lol

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Maybe I should change the thread title to Whiteline Arb fitted, discust on the abuse my exhaust gets ;)

Lionel Richie
camber bolts are cira £15 for Eibach, setup depends on what you want doing and the time envolved, around £100 upto £150

Lionel Richie
Do you offer a Whiteline ARB as well Fred?

considering i was the first person in europe to offer them/i did the first magazine review of them, yes i sell them, i don't shout and scream about what i do/sell, customers who call me and talk to me and becomne aware that way