ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bilstein B14, one of the best on the market?

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
They were supposed to be tested last month

Rofl, wonder if the next RS Clio will have been released before these are available? Sure they're not 'super cup' fitment Jonny? Maybe they'll never be ready? :p

I'm gonna have to say I'm not that impressed with them

Build quality they're very good - and obviously being able to adjust the height is handy - but the lack of damping adjustment really bugs me
And they are quite soft - certainly softer springs than my old eibach springs

If I was using the car as a mix of on road and occasional track days and wanted a bit of height adjustment then I'd recommend them
But as soon as you use your car more seriously they are quite lacking
I'll be selling mine mid-year to buy AST's

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I've just put them on my previously standard 172 and I'm very impressed. Agree with Phil in that its more fast road with occasional track use, but for sub £1k i'm very happy. Piccie attached.

New Front Angle.jpg

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
they're reasonable on a standard car. If you strip the car out they're damped wrong, and dont go low enough by a mile. Far from the best on the market

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
End of the day unless they say they are for track use, all coilovers on the market are valved to cope with normal roads. If you are using standard tyres then they will be fine on track but with sticky rubber then you want something more dedicated and you have to stump up the cash.

We have a good few sets of the Clio RS Bilstein B14 kits on the shelf at the moment.

they're reasonable on a standard car. If you strip the car out they're damped wrong, and dont go low enough by a mile. Far from the best on the market

Half right

They're definitely not damped right and the springs are too soft for my liking
However the front coilovers go so low the car sits on the ground lol
The back are useless though - mines still too high on the back and the only choice I have now is remove the adjustors

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
yeah rears being WAY too high is what I was refering to really. Got a customer who had to get custom springs made after he stripped out the back as it was higher than standard. FFS.