ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bike carbs ...

black 3 door clio 1.2 16v
hiya guys ,i dont want a stupid reply like dont bother because i dont care what peoples opinions are., i just want the knowledge..

imgoing to run yammaha r1 bike carbs on my 2005 1.2 16v clio. anyway i understand changin to cable driven throttle etc,but if i disconect the standard fly by wire throttle and run a cable one, willmy car still run properly or will i need to go stand alone?

182 Cup
hiya guys ,i dont want a stupid reply like dont bother because i dont care what peoples opinions are., i just want the knowledge..

imgoing to run yammaha r1 bike carbs on my 2005 1.2 16v clio. anyway i understand changin to cable driven throttle etc,but if i disconect the standard fly by wire throttle and run a cable one, willmy car still run properly or will i need to go stand alone?

Carbs don't need an ECU mate.

PH Quick
They changed to bodies after 2001 if i remember correctly. I really wouldn't bother if i'm honest. I'm half way through putting R1 carbs on my 205 GTi and its a pain in the a**e. Its cost me about £450 so far and they will need setting up and constantly adjusting.

106 GTI
The carbs/bodies from an R6 would be better for a 1.2, although for the hastle of it you might aswell fit proper bodies made for the car

yer i still got all the parts for boost here , im jus toying wiv the idea as i was looking through my garage and came across a set of r1 bodies , lol , but if its too much hassle then the boost will stay lol ,, i got loads to sort now tho wiv the car having a bumpa few weeks back ... but one good thing has come out of it ,lol ive left the mrs so i got all the time i want now :p thanks for the help guys and gals (if there are any)

I wouldnt say boosting was easier.

All you'll have to do is drop the fuel pressure, have a manifold made, install a cable throttle and convert to an ignition only standalone control as the ECU will wonder where half of the injection system has gone.

tiTTy & SV650
1998-2001 R1's were carb
1999-2002 R6's were carb

GSXR 1000's have always been Fuel Injected I think
1996-1997 GSXR 750's were carb
1997-2000 GSXR 600's were carb

tiTTy & SV650
R1 bodies?! that's fuel injection bodies and not a bank of carbs?

Would a Suzuki Bandit 1200 bank of carbs be a better match for your 1200cc engine?

JW

ITB 172 Cup & 197 FF
Best thing to do would go Igintion only ECU and get it setup properly to run them. Im not sure on what these 1.2 engines are like.. Can you run a dizzy of them?

Pretty sure R1 carbs are going to be too big as well.. I was going to run R6 on my old 1.6 TU engine.

awwww so it is poss lol :) it would be nicelike, not so much about big power , but the sound :):):) lol id think atleast 120 bhp is poss with the right mods

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
_wsb_470x349_Aric+2.JPG

Wow @ the steering wheel. bet that cost ££££ (its off the mini website link above)

so basically it would be poosible using say , r6 bodies, custom manifold, and something like megasquirt to run the ignition ..

could someone go into better detail for me then using r1/6 carbs,
id like this kind of spec :
. r1/r6 carbs on custom manifold
. convert to cable throttle
. megasquirt ecu to run ignition/timing side of things
. 4-2-1 manifold
. s/s decat back exhaust system
. raise compression slightly
. port an polished head with 3 angle valve seats etc

thanks for any info u can give guys and gals

oh and i did a lil research yes i kno what u ment some ran carbs and some ran bodies,.so im talking about earlier carbs thanks

JW

ITB 172 Cup & 197 FF
Pretty sure you will have to get a FPR and lower the pressure to run the carbs.