ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Biiiiiiig scratch down the side

Howdy folks, so the recent bout of good weather in NI gave me an itch to get the car all clean and nice looking (sure the day before i go to get the handwash stuff it pours down). I ended up taking it through a local carwash just to wash the crud build up off and in the sun - i noticed i have quite the scratch going from N/s Wing to N/s rear door/quarter.

It's wavy up and down which gives me the impression someones keyed it or something as they've walked past, it also has fairly uneven depth, some areas feel deep - you can really feel the scratch, other areas are just marked white - down to primer?

I'm not really overly bothered by it - not enough to go get the wing and doors repainted but was considering maybe going down it with a touch-up pen?

What is peoples advice on these? They don't seem to be that expensive from renault. Are they easy enough to use? Am I better getting in a crowd like chipsaway or whatever?

I was hoping to give the car a real good clean, polish etc. which i'm hoping will hide whatever's left of the scratch.

​I'll try and get some photos - in the office at the mo.

Ok got some photos: This is one more or less continuous line down the passenger side. Photos are fairly big so apologies.

5QIPFqs.jpg

Start with chip
euicLwX.jpg

nice big gouge
f3rREAZ.jpg

first 2 on the door
nY6rLf7.jpg

4spKkre.jpg

over both doors
dCv4vuZ.jpg

vqUBJSH.jpg

down the rear door and onto the rear arch.

So any ideas what the best course is for these? They vary in depth with however hard the prick was pressing on his key or whatever. :(

Bonus scratches:
YIbGsNA.jpg

This one is deep. You can really feel the edges of it. I'm not sure where it came from. O/S B Pillar
PIdgTDV.jpg

Keyring scratches i'm guessing here.

192'd BG 182 FF
Hi mate, i'm not a detailing wizard like a few of the people on here but i have removed some light scratches completely from my car by using a simple meguiars ultimate polish. Have a go with polish and see if you can get anything out if so then it's a bit of a bonus. If you have done it before or are feeling adventurous then you could rent or buy a rotary polisher which i'm sure would get some of the more stubborn marks out. As for the really deep parts and the chip you may need a respray or a decent bodyshop that may be able to flat the area and respray without doing the whole panel. Hopefully this will help slightly but for hell's sake don't use a carwash!