ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bigger wheels higher pressures?

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
Not clio related but its been bugging me, my C4s standard wheels were 205/50/17, and were 36 psi front and 30 psi rear.

ive upgraded to 18 inch wheels (225/40/18) ive been running them at the same recommended pressure,s but i cant help but think they always look flat at the front so much so i check the pressures more than i check my fuel.

should i be running a higher pressure with the bigger wheels?

RSC 182 Cup
You would need to be careful that you don't run them too low or else you'll be at risk of damaging a rim on a pothole etc.

I have always found the lower the profile tyre the more pressure they need. We've got a Mazda 6 fitted with 225/45R17 tyres and run them at 38psi front 36 front; the tyre place recommended 38 all round. That's higher than what Mazda recommend for the 15" tyres that were fitted stock.

With my RSC I've just gone from 205/45R16 to 205/50R15 and have found running the pressures lower (30 front, 28 rear) works a lot better for maximum grip and best handling. Previously I was running 33/31.