ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BIGASH/FF-Racing X85 Clio Cup Racer Project

Clio 182 Race Car
Haha yes I read it this morning and did wonder I will ask Steve at the weekend. Its probably not too important for me anyway as I don't think I'm going to be able to race next year anyway unfortunately :(
James, On a very serious note, I am gutted that you may not be able to race next year - It happens to all of us, especially when we are (were) your age! - please, still get your race licence, you never Know when an opportunity will arise to get a race, don't give in!

We've got all the laser/waterjet cutting done on your prototype kit James so hopefully won't be too long before its' all ready.
Great stuff Nick really looking forward to getting it on the car :) Thanks for doing it for me!
You said 2ltr ;)
He also said Clio lol!
James, On a very serious note, I am gutted that you may not be able to race next year - It happens to all of us, especially when we are (were) your age! - please, still get your race licence, you never Know when an opportunity will arise to get a race, don't give in!
Yes Ian its certainly not an easy decision for me to of made especially so early but just want to make sure I get the most out of the remainder of this season and have to face reality for next year. Still got some plans to do over winter on the car while I have lots of time on my hands but will just have to be special occasion use only. Certainly won't be giving in just need to try get my head back above water and go from there :) Really excited for the weekend, wish I had something to do for it but all packed and waiting to go lol

Clio 182 Race Car
Great stuff Nick really looking forward to getting it on the car :) Thanks for doing it for me!

He also said Clio lol!

Yes Ian its certainly not an easy decision for me to of made especially so early but just want to make sure I get the most out of the remainder of this season and have to face reality for next year. Still got some plans to do over winter on the car while I have lots of time on my hands but will just have to be special occasion use only. Certainly won't be giving in just need to try get my head back above water and go from there :) Really excited for the weekend, wish I had something to do for it but all packed and waiting to go lol
So you promise your old mate you are going to get your licence next year?

Clio 182 Race Car
Thats great!
So my secret
Next year I'm doing French Trophy in my 106 Stockhatch (class F) (51 seconds round Mallory on a good night when the clocks go back)
CSCC in the Clio
and I have moved to the dark side - bought an XR4i - I feel an Andy Rouse TT replica coming along for classic saloons or similar!

Thats great!
So my secret
Next year I'm doing French Trophy in my 106 Stockhatch (class F) (51 seconds round Mallory on a good night when the clocks go back)
CSCC in the Clio
and I have moved to the dark side - bought an XR4i - I feel an Andy Rouse TT replica coming along for classic saloons or similar!
LOL! Epic car, Would be a very interesting project!

Talking of 106's wait until you see the one we are racing against at the weekend!
Hard life ;)
It certainly has it positives ;)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I'm sure 51 seconds is easily achievable round Mallory in a Clio with a big budget engine build, drop 250bhp and plenty of setup time in James's car and I don't doubt it would do it but it doesn't cause he can't afford it to. That's just life!

clio cup
I've watched this a couple of times and have a couple of genuine question, The driver is obviously a good driver and know his car/track, and the following queries do not distract from this.

Is he quick or is it just that the car is lively and a handful? The reason I ask is my 205 with 115BHP would handle like this and was on the edge all the time, However, It looked fast but was no where near what it should have been lap time wise.

Is a 1.57sec lap time something to aim for? (never driven Oulton)

Like I said, the first question is not intended to be the usual CS cow poo trying to slate someones talent.

I've watched this a couple of times and have a couple of genuine question, The driver is obviously a good driver and know his car/track, and the following queries do not distract from this.

Is he quick or is it just that the car is lively and a handful? The reason I ask is my 205 with 115BHP would handle like this and was on the edge all the time, However, It looked fast but was no where near what it should have been lap time wise.

Is a 1.57sec lap time something to aim for? (never driven Oulton)

Like I said, the first question is not intended to be the usual CS cow poo trying to slate someones talent.
I've only watched a bit of the video and to me it seems he is a very good driver and also a very good car as thats a quick time around Oulton!

For your reference Dave, Ian's car which was on Pole and Won the CSCC race at Oulton last weekend did a 1.57 which in my opinion is a bloody quick lap!

When I raced there last year I was doing 2.02's so anything sub 2 minuite for me this year and i'll be over the moon :)

Last time out at Oulton my data logger showed a best theoretical laptime of a 1:57.6 (Basically if I did all my best sectors in the day on one lap) It's not the best way to calculate lap times so you would really struggle to match that time but after some seat time I can normally get fairly close to it.

clio cup
That's food for thought James,
Although its my first time there I still need to know whats the "norm" and to have something to work to,

While testing at snetterton the car felt good and lap times were consistant with other comparable classes on a race day, However, the car didn't feel aggressive enough for me and it was as though I could of given more.
The car was stable and very predictable which begs the question,,,,,, Was I going quick enough!
It will be good to follow a few of the clio's around on Friday's testing
cant wait, but think ive forgotten the feeling you get from racing

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I've only watched a bit of the video and to me it seems he is a very good driver and also a very good car as thats a quick time around Oulton!

I've just watched it now. That's a very well sorted car right there!! It possibly weighs less than a fag packet due to lightweight panels (boot lid and doors for definite), its got an extremely close ratio box which I'd hazard a guess is straight cut from some of the noises it's making and to finish off, that engine is a real peach. You can just hear it in the engine tone. That's one very very well developed little racing car right there and the driver has got the skill to match the cars potential.

All you need to do now James is stop tucking your laughing tackle between your legs and pretending your a lady, and go get him!!' There's your rabbit!! Chase the fooker!! Lol!

That's food for thought James,
Although its my first time there I still need to know whats the "norm" and to have something to work to,

While testing at snetterton the car felt good and lap times were consistant with other comparable classes on a race day, However, the car didn't feel aggressive enough for me and it was as though I could of given more.
The car was stable and very predictable which begs the question,,,,,, Was I going quick enough!
It will be good to follow a few of the clio's around on Friday's testing
cant wait, but think ive forgotten the feeling you get from racing
I'm sure you'll have a good weekend Dave!

Yes I can't wait either! Took me 3 hours to get to sleep last night and thats 4 days before the race lol! I'm like a little kid
All you need to do now James is stop tucking your laughing tackle between your legs and pretending your a lady, and go get him!!' There's your rabbit!! Chase the fooker!! Lol!
Haha PMSL! I'll do my best to man up, it's fairly difficult with pansies like you as friends ;)

106 > clio

similar power outputs when tuned and probably the best part of 200kilos less weight...

just twigged who the 106 owner is now.. its a nice well specced car..

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
So a 1600 can do mallory in low 50s.......i wasnt making it up. Weight is the big factor as there car are sub 800kgs in some cases....

All sorted and arrived at Oulton :) The Clio was on the dyno today for a quick mid season check over and did 205BHP which I'm really happy with on the RS Tuning rollers especially as it's the same engine spec as last year just we did the cam timing properly this year ;) (it only made 176bhp last year)

Massive thanks to Paul at RS Tuning for all his time today!

So set up camp at Oulton and got the full days testing tomorrow so will see how it goes and will try and get some photos loaded up :)