ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BIGASH/FF-Racing X85 Clio Cup Racer Project

Tomotek

ClioSport Club Member
Hi James,

I'd definitely be interested in some of your parts.
Have you sold any of the engine ancillaries? or engine mounts?
What dampers and calipers are you running?
Have you got the master cylinder and bias valve still?

Cheers,
Scott

Hi James,

I'd definitely be interested in some of your parts.
Have you sold any of the engine ancillaries? or engine mounts?
What dampers and calipers are you running?
Have you got the master cylinder and bias valve still?

Cheers,
Scott
Hi Scott,

Got all engine ancillaries, got uprated engine mounts :)

Run AST Sportline 2 with custom spring rates i’ve tweaked over the last few years until I was happy and will come with a softer set of rear springs. My Alcons are all sold but I’m in the process of getting some more kits made if you are interested :)

I’ve got a 172cup master cylinder and standard 172 cup bias adjuster but my Tilton one has sold.

Thanks

turbo 182
2 sets of 15" OZ ultraleggera's one set orange and the other Matt black. £465 each set

Coilovers are AST sportline 2's my custom spring rates and a spare set of softer rear springs. £1250

Thanks
Abit to expensive for me mate, I'm sure they'll sell tho

Always sad to see this happen but hopefully you will bounce back stronger and some of the parts from this car will live to race another day.

I am just building my race car so would be interested in a bundle of cheap little parts that I will need to get me started and whilst I save up for the big stuff. Any advice?

Why is there no dislike button on this forum! What rate are the softer rears?
Haha, 500lb buddy Eibach Brand new in box with helpers and aluminium platforms
Abit to expensive for me mate, I'm sure they'll sell tho
No worries and thanks for the interest :)
What's the condition of the wheels please?
Let me grab some photos and they will go on the ad this week when it goes up. I know there are no big chunks missing and they are all perfectly straight but they are race wheels so have some little stone chips on probably :)
Always sad to see this happen but hopefully you will bounce back stronger and some of the parts from this car will live to race another day.

I am just building my race car so would be interested in a bundle of cheap little parts that I will need to get me started and whilst I save up for the big stuff. Any advice?
Thanks buddy :) I’m sure they will and like I say had such a great time just time to move on!

Complete list will go up with pics this week so just have a gander and let me know if I can help with anything :)

Thanks buddy :smile: I’m sure they will and like I say had such a great time just time to move on!

Complete list will go up with pics this week so just have a gander and let me know if I can help with anything :smile:

Ok I will wait for the list. I pretty much need everything as my car is still a road car so looking forward to seeing what you have to offer.

This is it coming apart for the last time :(

Had to have one my goofy photo!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421237241.817457.jpg

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
I had the same feeling when I stripped the track MX5 to pay for the Clio shell :(

Did you get the heated screen working properly in the end btw?

I had the same feeling when I stripped the track MX5 to pay for the Clio shell 😧

Did you get the heated screen working properly in the end btw?
Yes put a new one in a few months ago and needed it a few times works really well! First thing i’ll be doing to the cup racer when it arrives :)
I may have played the funeral march by Chopin in the garage as we started to strip it. @BIGASH didn't see the funny side lol
:rage::rage::rage: Apart from that mate thanks for keeping a day free to help with it! Productive day :)

Tomotek

ClioSport Club Member
Hi Scott,

Got all engine ancillaries, got uprated engine mounts :smile:

Run AST Sportline 2 with custom spring rates i’ve tweaked over the last few years until I was happy and will come with a softer set of rear springs. My Alcons are all sold but I’m in the process of getting some more kits made if you are interested :smile:

I’ve got a 172cup master cylinder and standard 172 cup bias adjuster but my Tilton one has sold.

Thanks

Hi James,
How much are you looking for the following:
- Cup master cylinder and bias adjuster
- Engine Mounts

Also, do you still have the following and if so how much are you looking for:
- Oil filter/cooler take off plate (if you ran one?)
- Alternator Mounts
- Water Pump Pulley
- Clutch

Cheers,
Scott

Hi James,
How much are you looking for the following:
- Cup master cylinder and bias adjuster
- Engine Mounts

Also, do you still have the following and if so how much are you looking for:
- Oil filter/cooler take off plate (if you ran one?)
- Alternator Mounts
- Water Pump Pulley
- Clutch

Cheers,
Scott
Hi mate

Cup master cylinder will be £70 delivered (Dont have bias I’m afraid)
Engine mounts are vibratechnics so gearbox one and engine one and polybushed doggone mount £165
Oil filter/cooler take off plate (if you ran one?) Sold sorry
Alternator Mounts Sold sorry
Water Pump Pulley Don’t think I have a spare but I will look
Clutch I have got a brand new Valeo that has only done 30 mins use £75 or I have got a 7 1/2 4 paddle race clutch with lightweight flywheel and uprated release bearing £700

Thanks

Does the shell have a VIN
Yes it has V5 that is currently son with the Vin although where should the vin number be? I know the one on the seat rails is gone as I removed them and the dash board one got flocked over lol but I think there is one in the engine bay is it?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Yes it has V5 that is currently son with the Vin although where should the vin number be? I know the one on the seat rails is gone as I removed them and the dash board one got flocked over lol but I think there is one in the engine bay is it?

VIN number is in 2 places mate, the dash and the seat rail. Nothing in the engine bay that I've seen when I've had them VIC checked.

To put another VIN number on the car is a piece of piss. Simply print off the VIN number on your mot/registration documents with a dymo and stick it to the roll cage so it can be seen through the screen by an officer of the law/mot tester. It's enough to pass an mot as well. I know it sounds dodgy as fook, but if you were to ever get a pull I think it would be quite obvious the car had been modified for competition and they'd turn a blind eye to it. Plus it's life has been quite well publicised on this forum, so if there was any questions there is always this thread to back your claims.