ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BIGASH/FF-Racing X85 Clio Cup Racer Project

Thanks for the nice comments chaps :)
For a race car, it's all relative. So long as you can get the side looking right, you can adjust the axle to get your alignment back to where it should be.
Where else did it ping on the 1/4 panel? just at the base of the C-pillar near the window?
What adjust it out on the chassis/rear beam mount? Yes near the fuel filler cap
That civic was VERY close to taking you out!!!

Did I read that right, you had no LSD either?
Yes was very squeaky bum... trying to work out which way to go in a split second wasn’t the best.

No I was on my normal box but was taking it easy to make sure the temporary clutch didn’t explode so no flat shifting etc

Thanks Sonny,

Not sure yet for next year really. The plan was to go turbo engine with sequential and keep developing the car but had lots of fun at the weekend so will see how the next few races go and decide from there probably :) Will see how busy I am over winter too! If I get time i’ve got a long list of things I want to do to the car.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Stick the 423 engine in over this winter to compete with the Saxo next year and get all the turbo and sequential bits together for next winter.

172 cup, Impreza P1
Thanks Sonny,

Not sure yet for next year really. The plan was to go turbo engine with sequential and keep developing the car but had lots of fun at the weekend so will see how the next few races go and decide from there probably :) Will see how busy I am over winter too! If I get time i’ve got a long list of things I want to do to the car.

Well done with the result!

If you do go the turbo route, what are the racing options and will it be competitive in them?

Just thinking the same for mine once it's ready.

Stick the 423 engine in over this winter to compete with the Saxo next year and get all the turbo and sequential bits together for next winter.
The turbo and sequential package is a big spend so doing the swap is really money dependant. 423 engine would be interesting at some point :)
So this wasn't even your best engine lol?
Haha we have lots of F4R shiny bits on the shelf but been choosing not to use them as selling them will put lots of money in the pot for the turbo build :)
Well done with the result!

If you do go the turbo route, what are the racing options and will it be competitive in them?

Just thinking the same for mine once it's ready.
Thanks buddy :)

The reason for going turbo stems back to me wanting to go sequential gearbox. As soon as I do this then then that restricts what I can race in. The things I can race in with a sequential also allow me to run a turbo and if I chose not to then I wouldn’t be competitive. The main aim of all of this is reliability and I think a well put together package with the correct sequential box and management coupled to an engine thats not working too hard should work really well.

The main things i’m thinking of racing in are the Britcar production cup and the Timeattack series but also will be looking to do more endurance type events as we get more experience with the package.
Nice write up! Hope the damage gets fixed up ok.
Thanks Tim :) Fingers crossed it will be back with me fixed before next weekend!

Did you have an exige or something that was sequential etc or have you sold it ?
Yes I still have the Exige but its an unfinished project and to finish it and do it properly (The only way I would want to do it) Will take a lot of time and lots more money. Then once its done to go and do a race weekend will be about 4 times the cost of one in the clio and I can’t see i’m going to enjoy it 4 times more than I would in the clio. Its a tricky one!

y4utyqer.jpg

atu8uqy7.jpg

Dug this out this afternoon from my spares collection. Think after the clutch issue the other week it's time to get this in and hopefully eliminate any future clutch issues. So hopefully sometime before the Birkett will pull the engine and swap it over :)

"spares collection" - flol.

Me likey.
If you don’t have a spare it will most likely go wrong, if you have a spare and leave it on the shelf for a race weekend it will definitely blow up 10 mins into testing :(
Looks like a serious bit of kit there James.
Yes hoping not too serious I wouldn’t like to be the clutch cable having to pull the extra force of the springs on the cover assembly!
K's worth ?
Thankfully not but not a million miles off! If it saves a clutch ejecting itself from the box or saves a race weekend it will pay for itself fairly quickly :)
Mincer Trading plc.
Registered trader? :)

Called the bodyshop for an update today, Hopefully the car is ready to collect tomorrow I did ask what they’ve had to do to it but didn’t really understand so guess I will see when I collect it. Just need to try and get a new rad for the car now as the current one has some damage from my tyre wall experience! Chance the car might be out at Silverstone GP on Monday depending on the weather :)

Ideal, you still doing the autumn trophy at snet?
russ

Yes buddy :) you going to enter? Would be good, I'm hoping you and Simon both enter!

Gutted I'm not doing Oulton if only it was on the Sunday rather than Saturday I could have made it!

My plan is Birkett, Snetterton and probably Brands Hatch Time Attack @ Night just trying to work out if my alternator and battery are man enough for the lighting required :)

If I can juggle a few things around I am hoping to still make Snett, but I have pulled out for now so other people have the option of doing it.

Fingers crossed there will still be a space available if I find out I can do it, no worries if not though.

So collected the car last week from the Bodyshop! They have done an epic job on it and it's impossible to tell it was ever damaged so fair play to them!

5u8adusu.jpg

erenusu5.jpg

I think since they painted that panel white I've got a feeling the car might end up being painted white over winter along with the new livery I've been planning!

Also with a few late season races coming up and it is likely to be wet/misty it was time to bin off the old broken heated screen and get a new one fitted

2ututyra.jpg

Connections made and ready to go in the car
pyha7uza.jpg

jemaqepe.jpg

Also on with long term engine plans

9emyny2u.jpg

The quality of these are unreal!
yja4ete8.jpg

Very nice :)
Keep the updates coming.
Thanks mate will do :)
Think I've found some reading material for the weekend!.. Car looks mega!.. exactly what I intend for mine to look like when I'm done!

Good Job
Haha thanks! It's one hell of a long read!!

Good luck with yours :)

What a bloody cracking read this thread is.

Keep it grey though, grey rocks.
Thanks buddy hope you're well!

I don't know grey will always be part of the livery but just thing it's had 3 years in grey now and time for a change!
It's just gets better and better

Will be better with that ported head I did you.
Thanks Andrew, yes that will certainly be getting used :)

How did you find the heated screen? Did it work well keep it clear in wet conditions?

Thinking about ditching the heater in mine in favour of a heated screen.

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
I don't think he had it working as it was damaged when fitted, but I am sure he will be along to confirm it.
:grinning: