ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Big Brother Britain

I never understand people who are bothered by this sort of thing. If you havent done anything wrong, then there wont be any problems.

Dan said:
I never understand people who are bothered by this sort of thing. If you havent done anything wrong, then there wont be any problems.

That's not the point, I don't like the idea of "them" knowing exactly where I am all of the time. If I want to stand on the grass next to the "keep off the grass" sign so be it!!

It means they will know the in's and out of my buying habits, where I spend my time and what I do with it. Do you realise what a powerful marketing tool that is?!?!

Personally I'd like to keep my privacy.

cock mobile.
It does bother me, I won't even have store loyalty cards for the reasons above.

But then I do have credit / debit cards, so can't win.

Chill out a bit dude! You're being watched all the time at the moment anyway, if it helps with crime then its a good thing in my book!

Theres CCTV in shops, they know what you look at, what you buy. Theres CCTV in the towns that watch you walk to your car, they know you have a Clio, do you get lots of Clio post?

it's been happening for the last 10 years, it's only now people are being made aware of it all as the systems are ready to go live officially

doesn't bother me in the slightest, but the anwer is 'who are they?' the ones who are supposed to be watching us?

i used to be a cctv operator, not once did invasion of privacy nor human rights get thought about

you do something wrong, you'll probably get caught at some point, regardless of cameras etc

Monaco 172 2/468
I agree with anything to help fight crime, i'm sure it'll be a good thing...until.....

....10 Clio drivers arrested in convoy.....all drivers claimed they were on a "Yorkshire Meet" again lol

Do you really think that a network of cameras (that is tied in with the other networks of cameras so they can literally track you from door to door) which enables them to work out your exact speed over a route is not going to be used for enforcement purposes?

If so, you're somewhat naive...

I work in transport planning and you have no idea just how much this government wants to push through congestion charging, the cameras of which could also be used for speed enforcement.

No longer could that 6am three-figure blast down an empty 3-lane M1 to get somewhere at a decent rate be possible - you'd be banned within weeks if they roll enforcement out nationwide.

I am for the cameras.

Behave yourself and you wont even know they are there.

Dont speed and you wont get done for it. Whether you agree with the speed limits or not is not the point. The speed limit is 70mph on the motorway so just do 70mph if you dont want to risk getting caught.

I think the limit should be higher on the m/way but its not so if i think i am likely to get caught i dont go any faster.

just because you disagree with something doesnt mean you can ignore the rules.

It should be linked to insurance, Tax and MOT databases aswell to check everyones details are in order.

Who knows, it might mean cheaper car insurance.

Last edited:
casiodan said:
It should be linked to insurance, Tax and MOT databases aswell to check everyones details are in order.
it is, ANPR reads the number plate then checks it against the PNC records, holds all that information on the system iirc

Bryan said:
it is, ANPR reads the number plate then checks it against the PNC records, holds all that information on the system iirc

Jobs a good 'un in that case.

I thought it only checked tax, but if it does all 3, even better.

RB 182
ANPR doesn't just check PNC I don't believe, it checks Intel too and other systems that could be of use.

I know that there have been some very good results with ANPR.

ANPR is even used in Police helicopters too if that makes you feel better.

ben - correct, it has access to all the systems, but many people only know about the pnc, so it's all i ever refer to

having been a cctv operator in a town with anpr, i can honestly say they have caught more criminals after events through this system, than they would ever have caught without the use of it

i'm 100% behind it, and coupled with more officerson the streets, will make this country a little safer all round

also got to remember, the camera can only see what is being watched, mini domes and PTZ's don't have constant 360 degree vision, so if a camera is pointing up the road and you're standing down the road from it, you'll be ok

very few cameras link directly onto each other with an overlap :)

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
thats old news guys
thats what the wee blue cameras at the side of the road do.
have been around for 2 years now. i knew about them then when got told by a family member/police officer who knew about them

again, post above mine is correct

the blue ones are traffic master

i'll try and get a pic of an anpr camera tomorrow, though i may look a bit odd dtanding by a dual carriageway with my phone out taking pictures of what most people mistake for a lamppost (you don't get long enough to see the camera on top)

RB 182
ANPR%20Camera(2).jpg

not all look like that, they range from the spectrum vans to pole mounted, then the digital mini domes etc etc

that is just one of many variants ;)

Ford Fiesta
bring it on i say. Most cities have ANPR now, going to make our job much easier in some ways.

Imagine someone stealing your car and they are tracked within minutes of it being put on PNC, it would be similar to every car having a tracker.
(unless plates are swapped instantly of course)

Top man FDF,

Whilst I say catch the illegals, how about FUN FUN FUN, you don't buy an RS Clio to sit at 70mph at 4 in the morning do you?

If anyone feels it will improve security as a whole, you are mistaken. Anyone wanting to be a little naughty(illegal) will have 1) no insurance, 2)will not be regestered, and potentially no way of driving legally. Yet us law abiding peps will get done for nought.

All the CCTV cameras don't stop violent crime, yet they proliferate.

SMELL THE ROSES!!!!!!!!

Blaze

Forgot to say the obvious. They will have taken YOUR reg. No. and put it on theirs.

Now explain this to a system that already relies on computers to deal with crime. You will be done or spend money/time/effort proving it's not you.

As I understand it our legal system is "innocent until proven guilty". NO IT IS NOT WITH ALL THIS TECHNOLOGY. You have to prove it wasn't you.

Only a matter of time before the Human Rights Act shows it's trump card. Afterall the rules apply to everything.

Blaze