ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BHP

clio 172 phase 1
I have had the following tuning done to my Phase 1...

Full straight through stainless system
pipercross filter
Camco super chip
full set sup

what would be the next thing i should do? Car pulls really way currently!!!:p

Put it on a Rolling Road and see. You'd be lucky to see 170bhp atf tbh.

PS. there is a RR day at EFI Parts, which is close to you, next month.

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
TDF do some nice throttle bodies. If you can afford the extra fuel costs drop in a cam at the same time.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Realistically what you have now is the correct way to do a cheap 172.

Anything you do from here on in, is likely to cost you the full value of the car (cams fitted and mapped) or more than double the value of your car (bodies including fitting and mapping and aftermarket ecu etc)

If you want a car thats a lot faster, buy one.

Not saying you cant make your car quicker, but doing so cheaply isnt likely to be an option, so think carefully about how much you spend.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Matched inlets from JamSport/whoever else does them is the only thing I'd bother with.

Ive nothing against Jamsport, in fact Ive known Jamie years and he's one of life's good guys. But IMHO the MWM ones are the best available if going matched inlets, they are done by Neil Roper and they really are spot on.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Who are MWM?

Sorry mate, shouldnt abbreviate when not everyone knows who I mean, I meant Michael Woodford Motorsport from the trader section on here.
Neil who does their headwork and inlet porting is ex Hart Formula 1, used to do Senna's engine work etc, properly awesome talent!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
What about a stone automotive RS2

That falls under the same "it costs as much as the car" grouping as getting a set of cams supplied fitted and mapped, but I really like them, its transformed out one fitting an RS2 :)

Looks good too :)

This is our one that my mrs fitted a couple of months ago:
c8673f84.jpg

Not currently available for phase 1 though.

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
I have had the following tuning done to my Phase 1...

Full straight through stainless system
pipercross filter
Camco super chip
full set sup

what would be the next thing i should do? Car pulls really way currently!!!:p

You are happy with how it is so just enjoy it.

Save your money for when it breaks or a faster/better/different car if thats what you want in the future.

Chip, that bay looks lovely!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Chip, that bay looks lovely!

Yeah man, she has done a great job.

This was it when she first fitted the RS2:

IMAG0104.jpg

Shame there isnt time for your car to go via her for a couple of days before you pick it up, its looking a bit hanging after the trip in the rain to the rollers and back, lol

clio 172 phase 1
thanks for all your advice..

TBH its my second car and hobby so money is not really a problem becuase i have got the car cheap to spend money on it.. currently on about £1500+
pictures below.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
thats gagging for a new coolant bottle! would make all the diffrence

Yeah, will probably sort at some point.
Are they readily availabe cheap like they are for the mk1 do you know? (guessing you wont as its not a megane, lol)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
thanks for all your advice..

TBH its my second car and hobby so money is not really a problem becuase i have got the car cheap to spend money on it.. currently on about £1500+
pictures below.

Well if you can afford 1500 ish, thats Cams or an RS2 potentially :)

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, will probably sort at some point.
Are they readily availabe cheap like they are for the mk1 do you know? (guessing you wont as its not a megane, lol)

renault do them for about £23 apparently. for the megane of course ;)

cant see it being much, if any more for a clio

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Just checked, 45 quid from wests posted according to a recent thread.

Will have to get one ordered up.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
this has actually reminded me to order an oil catch tank lol. so thanks for that

*off to spend more money*

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Lol, I ordered one yesterday for a car Ive been working on for a mate, 140 quid including the silicon hose and delivery, funny how such little things can eat money up when you buy decent quality ones.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
hmm dont think im gonna spend that much on one!

i may get slated again! lol

generic £20 one should do. hoping it wont spew too much of the stuff up anyway

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I went for a mocal one, its for this bay:

6fb4bb78.jpg

Which me and Mike form MWM have just done as a favour for Porkie on here.
She's a little rev monster, still pulling hard at the 7800rpm rev limiter and makes 160lbft+ and 212bhp :)

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
yeah i was tempted by the mocal one when i seen it in a clio bay. can you get them in black? i want it to serve a purpose, cba having another thing to clean hence me considering the cheapo option

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I just think those look like cheap tack TBH mate, but im sure that functionally it will be fine.
In fact Ive got one the same as your link on my nova, just this bay deserved something a bit more quality looking so I went for the mocal one purely for that reason really.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Actually just looked again and my nova one isnt quite the same, its a rounded variant, but it was still cheap.

you can see it on the right of the bay in this pic:
DSC_0535.jpg

Evo 5 RS
hmm dont think im gonna spend that much on one!

i may get slated again! lol

generic £20 one should do. hoping it wont spew too much of the stuff up anyway

I've got a generic one if you want it mate, it's half decent. Can have it for £13 delivered :).

oil_catch_tank.jpg

Evo 5 RS
^ added one lol. No it's just plain Jane silver.

New and packaged as well btw, I ended up grabbing a Mocal one cheap in the end

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
meh if it was black i would have had it! like i said cba cleaning it lol. ill just get that one on egay

thanks anyway :)

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
those cheap catch-cans usually have too small hosetails. Some have the larger kind now but the reall bad ones only have a 6mm internal.

If you get one like that, I'd recommend some low density foam be added to actually catch the vapour before it blows straight out the other end

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
9mm and 15mm fittings specified on there... i guess this is what your talking about lol.

ohh and sorry to the op for hijacking this a bit :eek: