ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BHP SHOW,Lydd Race Track

J

J182sport

Was at the lydd BHP SHOW today a good few clios there,

cup on track.black 182 on track.

Ph1 V6 black wheels not on track but on the green,

black 172 and a few others here and there

i was in the Silver 182 black wheels!

was a good day some really nice cars and great track action:D

200 cup & 106 GTi
I was there in the trophy! Saw a lot of clios there, including that RB one with pink stripes! Didn't go on track as usual.

Don't think i'll bother going again, was a chavfest!

Mk2 V6 255
I was also there. Saw quite a few clios there too. Also agree with the chavfest coment. Would have been too scared to go on the track, looked like there were no rules or even obeying the flags.... lol

J

J182sport

Oh yes a did see the RB with Pink strips!! i didn't see you but i did turn up at 1.00ish!

i think il be going back on an odd day for some track time but your right about the chavfest! one guy in a vauxhall zafira decided to try burn outs on the grass on the way back up the hill with 4 kids in the back! hmm good one!

Nice thing about it is it was only a 15min drive back to canterbury not the usual 2hour drive from any other show!

J

J182sport

Ryan.lydd don't have a rule on what side you can over take unlike other tracks! its not too strick!

i think i did see your v6 near the back on the green??

200 cup & 106 GTi
We got there at 7:30am! Had to get onto our "stand" except that bit of the show was very poorly organised also!

Some real idiotic driving on track! I'd happily take my track 106 or my 205 out on track there as it's more fun like it is there with basically no rules, but not my clio, especially as it's for sale lol

Mk2 V6 255
Ryan.lydd don't have a rule on what side you can over take unlike other tracks! its not too strick!

i think i did see your v6 near the back on the green??

Oh right, didnt realise! I would definatly be interested in doing a normal track day there, just not at a show like that, lol.

Yeh mine was up on the green, didnt turn up till about 2pm.

182 Cup
It was me on track in the cup. My day ended badly, absolute nobber in a vauxhall senator was drifting and should have been black flagged immediately, spun infront of me and wacked my door :(

200 cup & 106 GTi
That senator was driving like an idiot all day, blocking overtakes and cutting people up mid overtake, drifting when people were alongside too!

Luckily a door isn't a massive thing to replace, but he should have been black flagged for his behaviour on pretty much every lap!

J

J182sport

Butler,was it you first in on one of the slots? if so the car looked good out there,i did see that senator drifting on the top corner! not good! sorry to hear you got hit is it getting sorted?

Ryan i think track day down there with the cliosport club would be fun! havn't see anything this way with the cliosport club yet? its a nice little track.

Mk2 V6 255
yeh, that sounds good to me. I may be able to sort us out a day, will have a word with a few contacts.

Sorry to hear about the damage butler, unfortunatly something like that was bound to happen with the way some of them were driving.

182 Cup
Yeah I had a morning slot too. Cheers mate, I love lydden as a circuit its great fun. After I came off the track with the damage, loads of people came over and expressed how sorry they felt and commented on how badly the senator driver was acting on the track. I would love to do a track day with the club, much safer I think. Was shocked when I was told there wouldnt be a driver briefing and was handed a piece of paper!

Heres the damage...

DSC04768.jpg

And there was me worried about a mark some bird poo left on my roof last night! :(

J

J182sport

Ok yeah nice one keep us posted and you never know we could get a meet sorted!

i forgot just to add i did see a nice nimbus 197 black pro race 1.2 wheels on, woman driving it.oh and silver 197 track prepd (cup racer?) was quick!

butler.not nice but as said above could have been worse.....

200 cup & 106 GTi
Was a nice RB R27, several RB 182s, some black 182s, black 172s, few silver ones and the odd arctic one too!

Saw a gorgeous blonde driving one of the black 182s with cup packs :approve:

Big shame about the door, but compounds my reasoning for having a dedicated track car and not taking the clio on track under any circumstances. Just consider yourself lucky you only need a door, that's a nice easy part to source and replace. Try doing a rear 3/4 panel, boot floor, bent subframes etc...

Shed motorsport have been talking about doing a proper track day at lydden for absolutely ages, today has made a few more members like the circuit, so we'll be doing it later this year or early next year. Got a busy calendar as it is!

182 Cup
Im happy it is just the door, annoying I had a dedicated 106 rallye track car I used there loads and never damaged, get a nice newer clio and it takes 2 weeks! Doh.

200 cup & 106 GTi
Recognise you from rallyereg actually! I've been on there since 2004ish i think! J_Butler or something? Should have kept the 106 ;)

182 Cup
Yeah thats me mate! Had 3 Rallyes. The Rallye was a hoot but I wanted a compromise I could use on the road.

CSX

172 CUP!
Sorry bout the car Butler, was good to see loads of Sports today! That 197 Cup looked the nuts as well!

CSX

172 CUP!
I was parked miles away with a big CS sticker in the back window... i doubt anyone noticed my car was too far! Did check ya car out tho... your lucky but wot a c**k :(

182 Cup
Ah ok, I spotted another cup as it was leaving, didnt have any stickers in it though. Yeah I keep forgetting my poor cup now has a big dent in it :( another hassle for me now.

182 cup packs
I was out in my black 182 later in the day as was desperate for some track time. It was scary how aggressive and lacking in track day manners some of the other drivers were.. in particular a silver BMW 740 (with child in passenger seat) and 200sx drifting very close to other cars.. but we survived in one piece! Had a good couple of laps chasing and overtaking a black 106 gti which was going very well and trail braking into corners. I definitely won't be going back as it was full of chavs and queuing up to get onto the track was a joke! Oh and the track was covered in rubber from the drifters so not a great surface.

Butler - I watched you earlier on in the day and it looked like you were going well. Bad luck with the Senator incident but as said at least it was only a door damaged. Still very annoying. On any normal track day drifters would be black flagged!

A Euro'd one...
Butler I saw you on the track and I told my mate who was sat next to me to watch the Clio Cup overtake everyone espcially in the bends. He laughed, but then you ended up going past pretty much most of the cars on the track lol.

I had the purple Clio parked up on the Modified Elite stand...

182 Cup
Yours the euro one? I saw you get stuck on the gravel on your way out lol. Yeah I was having great fun overtaking everyone until the incident. :)

172 MK2
I was there on the "stands" such as they were... saw a few parked in public when I nipped over to the pissers as the ones in the main ground flooded! Wasn't overly impressed with the organisation this year, or the ques for the food! lol

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Organisation was crap. My mate was out on track in a silver 106 GTI (went off with fuel line failure) about half 3. They let on 4 cars right in front of him and ended up with 41 cars on the track when there's only supposed to be 20. And they didn't even let people know what the flags meant. The stands were too close to eachother too.

And don't get me started on the queues for food! Thank god for the Rockstar tent!

J

J182sport

I did see your mate in his 106 stuck at the side of the track,

wildwood-i was watching you chase that black 106!! and also the 200sx drifting very close to you all in all looked like a good bit of fun out there but as said before track rules wer slack!!

LY 182 FF CUPPED
something I thought was hilarious - I approached the gate ready to pay my £24 for me and the girlfriend, 2 x £10 notes and and 4 x £1 coins.........the guy says mate its only a tenner per person as we are out of change and gave me back my £4 coins???

Good edumacation!!!

182 cup packs
wildwood-i was watching you chase that black 106!! and also the 200sx drifting very close to you all in all looked like a good bit of fun out there but as said before track rules wer slack!!

Whereabouts were you watching and could you hear my car by any chance? 106 was quite quick considering he had a passenger!

J

J182sport

i was on the green near the mens toilets not the "show" i was straight down from the enterance if you know what i mean!

tbh i could only hear a mix of all the cars whys that?? an yes the 106 was not bad!

J

J182sport

i know my old maxogen was so recon the BMC is! where abouts you live in kent anyway?