ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BHP Performance show, 2017 May 1st Bank Holiday-Lydden Hill

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Have been to this show a few times, great fun. Track time available but a smallish track, never appealed to me but will do now I have my 2001 Clio 172 :smiley:

Think you need 5 cars for a Club stand- a lot closer to the action- aquite a few stalls and that
If there is enough interest will book a stand closer to the time
The wife has already booked off work, so its probably the B/H Monday for us, and/or the Sunday as its now a 2 day event

My first show of the year, be good to meet a few South Easters, or anyone that fancies coming down​

Captain Hat

CS Academician
ClioSport Club Member
  2002 Clio RS 172 Cup
I'm provisionally interested. Will depend on a few other things. If things go well this winter I may even have two 172 Cups to bring along.

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
See link below

Seems its 10 for a Club stand, and £12 per driver... £20 per passenger. Other members feel free to go to site and check what I am saying and post up comments.

Not sure what we have to do to ensure the club pitch, havent fully looked at the booking form. Looks like they want the names of the 10 drivers, and all the money before we can secure a pitch.

If we get 10 peeps committed (Paid) then I am happy to organise. Or maybe Admin could do it?
I am booking track time shortly

A bit wary, because another Club I organised for TRAX last year had about 12 saying they would go, 3 of us turned up on the day and we lost a Club Stand. As it happened, individual display position was better, right next to the track horsehoe turn, where all the drifting happened :)

http://bhpperformanceshow.com/booking-forms

Last edited:

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Another link to book individual car, and passenger/spectator tickets - doubt we will get 10 for a club stand
Thinking of booking couple track sesh's (Novice)

£12 drivers and car individual display, £15 earlybird passengers.

http://www.bhpshop.co.uk/shop

Last edited:

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Track seshs only £20 atm and novice slots available, as well as intermediate. I am getting an individual display ticket ( if they let me after seeing a photo) and if any of you do same, could meet up closeby to park together?

We are staying over in Canterbury Prem inn the night before.

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Prem Inn booked. 2 earlybird tickets purchased.

Anyone wanna meet up early Bank Holiday Monday to park together. let me know :)

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Looks like only me for this (And the wife n couple friends) and have now booked to sessions (£20 a sesh)
Anyone else interested? Could park up together and swap Clio stories?
Lets hope weather is as good as it was at Castle Combe today

Captain Hat

CS Academician
ClioSport Club Member
  2002 Clio RS 172 Cup
Sorry, I've been invited to the day's racing at Brands Hatch as the guest of one of the drivers and I couldn't resist the chance to nose around the paddock. Maybe next year?

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
cant miss mine- iceburerg silver with a full dark blue decal set all over- Clio 172 on doors etc etc.
10.45 me, never done lydden so taking it easy. 1st time out for Clio too. track looks good for the smaller car
cant wait

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Thats sorted then . 1st sesh took it easy, almost caught out on paddock bend first time round. Handles really tight round the hairpin, pulled away from a few there. 1st sesh got overtook by most. Was wet n raining tho, n my first time in the Car, lydden and the tyres.

2nd sesh an hour later, more brave. Thought the AD08r's held up really well. Just started to push them n they held. 182 spun out in front me, just started lapping quicker and getting more confident, pulling away from some tasty motors n started gaining on others, THEN they pulled us in, cos bits dropping off another car..... fed up. 11 mins only.

Clio suits smaller tracks i reckon. Fab fun will deffo do Lydden again

Next up Brands for 2 hrs early June.