ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bet of a random question but...

172 cup- suzu rf600r
wow that is random, you thinking of getting rid of the heat shield?

i cant answer this specifically but since no one else has tried - couple of cars back i had a leon cupra r with a race diagnostics tool in it which gave loads of info including the exhaust temperature (i think just before the cat) i cant remember the normal temp but it had an alarm which was set at 950 C, so pretty fecking hot! that said iv removed heat shields from cars before with no ill effects

Laguna sport tourer
thanks for your reply no im not thinking of removing the heat shield i've found some high temp silicone and was wondering if its suitable for jointing exhausts the maximum temperature it can withstand is only 350 C so it will probably be no good.

everything i have tried so far just breaks away and it starts blowing.

What do other people use?

172 cup- suzu rf600r
ah no silicone wouldnt survive it, stating the obvious maybe but have you tried exhaust jointing paste? that should work as i dont think that join needs a gasket, if its fucked and your talking repair then welding is the only thing that would last, could be a good time to get rid of the bottle neck at the back of the cat, i think a few guys have chopped it off and welded a bit of straight pipe in place (2.5 inch i think)

Laguna sport tourer
its not broken or anything just a crap joint you can get it lined up perfectly and it will be fine for a few days and then it will start whistling on throttle. yeah i was either thinking about welding the joint up(not to keen on this although both parts are stainless) or doing the 2.5 inch mod.