ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best way to remove Hairline Scratches on Black?

Megane 225
I recently bought a black 330ci, but the guy who had it before me must've had a cat or somethin as there's a few fine scratches. What's the best way to remove them? I was thinking 3000 grit and then compound? Maybe this is too aggressive?

106 GTi
Always try the mildest combo first, but it is going to be hard paint. At minimum it is going to need something Menzerna Intensive Polish - I would try that before wet sanding it.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
3000 grit then compound! ehh!!! As above...3000grit should be your last soloution after polishing...Then use a final finish on a Mild cut pad.

Careful now.

Megane 225
Think it was just outa pure lazyness! So menz intensive polish? What pad should I use? Random or circular buff? I have both!

Megane 225
Just ordered Menz power Gloss and intensive polish! Will c how that works! De-swirled it with the rotary last week, so I'm pretty confident with it!

106 GTi
The rotary will make the job lot's easier if you can get the required finish from it.

Start with the least aggressive polish, and work your way up to the power gloss.
Also, a couple of runs in IP may be better than going straight to the power gloss too.

Megane 225
So Intensive polish, till I get the scratches out, then final finish, then CG wet mirror finish, then what? Will the Race glaze 55 bond to CG Jet Seal?