ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best to run clio 172 on vpower?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidey

ClioSport Club Member
  cup'd arctic 182
Yup. There's a sticker inside the fuel filler cap that says 98ron recommanded (sic), v-power fits this bill perfectly, as do most other premium fuels, but i find V-power the highest octane/£.
Been using it almost exclusively in my 182 for over 3 years; when i switched i noticed it ran considerably better from cold.

Clio 172 phase 1 sc
My car defiantly runs well on it for the small price extra it's worth it, it's meant to be a lot healthier for the engine!

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
My car runs sweet on V-Power and runs nice on momentum aswell. Runs like s**t on BP Ultimate

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Whatever suits your wallet. If you can afford to run super, run super.

Mine has only ever had V Power.

Last edited:

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
as above really, ever since my first 172 that ran utter dogshit on anything other than high octane fuel I just always stick the good stuff in, and as said, over the whole tank it adds what, 3 quid?

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
I just use sainsburys premium 97. Smells exactly like bp ultimate, it's just a stones throw away and cheaper. Nearest shell/tesco is 3.5 miles away so can't be bothered. Always run our cars on similar and never had any issues.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I used Sainsbury's high octane as its usually the closest, but tbh its just the high RON stuff at whatever garage forecourt I happen to pull into when I need fuel

I wouldn't go hunting miles just for vPower in particular is my point

I used Sainsbury's high octane as its usually the closest, but tbh its just the high RON stuff at whatever garage forecourt I happen to pull into when I need fuel

I wouldn't go hunting miles just for vPower in particular is my point

We use the same petrol station, ooooooo ;) Sainsburys stuff is only 97 though.

Filled up at Heanor tesco last night and put momentum in and it didn't feel much different tbh.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
We use the same petrol station, ooooooo ;) Sainsburys stuff is only 97 though.

Filled up at Heanor tesco last night and put momentum in and it didn't feel much different tbh.

bet we don't, I use Matlock as I pass it everyday on the way to work, only occasionally do I go to the Ripley one i'f I'm heading out that way ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.