ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best product for black car...

MTM

Volvo V60 R Design
In a couple of weeks I intend to give my fiance's black clio a full detail. The car's metallic black and there are a lot of scratches visable. What is the best product you can recommend which will rejuvinate the paint and help it to look as good as new?

Cheers,

Martin

Ph1 172 + Combo van
scratch x is its really bad but you should use a machine polisher for that. you could get away with autoglym super resin polish. then use a sealant or a wax on top of it!

RENAULT CLIO SPORT 182
HI I USE MEGUIARS SCRATCH X ITS HARD WORD BUT WORTH IT THEN USE MEGUIARS NO 2 POLISH BEFORE APPLYING A FINAL COAT OF MEGUIARS CARNARBA WAX AWESOME PRODUCT QUITE EXPENSIVE BUT WORTH IT WATCH THE RAIN JUST BOUNCE OFF. WWW.MEGUIARS .CO.UK

MTM

Volvo V60 R Design
Thanks for the replies so far. I'd love a hand polisher but am I not right in saying that if used incorrectly you can severely damage the paint? On the detailing threads the results with polishers are always fantastic but it's the potential damage I could do to the paint work that puts me off.

I have the Auto Glym Super Resin Polish already so good to know that might work.

Any other recommendations welcome.

106 GTi
Working by hand you will have your work cut out - I would look into finding someone to machine polish it for you, then follow that up with some easier to use products.