ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best place to buy brake compensator valve

172 Cup
As title I need a new brake compensator valve for my 172 cup euro car parts have Bosch ones for £90 is that the best bet?

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
The OE one was prob made by bosch in the first place.

Bosch are a very good make and not your run of the mill cheap rubbish

172 Cup
The usual mot fail for rear brakes but to be fair to the garage they showed me the brake test report and one rear brake was 80kg of effort and the other was 0kg they have stripped and greased the caliper etc but still no good so they say it needs a compensator

172 Cup
I had the same problem for my MOT. Solution; strap the arm of compensator valve up to the rear floor with a zip tie. The MOT tester said the braking performance had been 'transformed' and passed the car.

172 Cup
I think the garage moved the arm up to test it hence one side getting 80kg which is quite good for the back brakes on a cup but the other side getting 0 I guess means there is no fluid getting to the caliper on that side