ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

best place to buy 172 mk2 exhaust?

exhaust just gone at the silencer on my car. Its a 51 mk2 172. Want to keep as standard as poss, wheres the best polace to get a new one? Dont want a magnex or anything loud!

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Yep, standard if you want nice and quiet.

Pros and cons, you'll get a stainless one cheaper than a genuine Renault one, stainless will have a lifetime guarantee, Renault will have 12 months.

If the one thats just broken is the original, then you've not done bad. Mine had done 45000miles. I had a 'quiet' powerflow fitted from cat back. Nice fit and sound and all that, but booms a bit between 2500-3000rpm.

Narrowed my options down to either the Ktec, GDi or taking a 200 mile trek to prospeed.

Are there no good suppliers up in the north west at all?

How hard can it be to get an exhaust?!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
all the NW places are loud lol and poor quality imo , hense why im going to GDI for mine

Yeah its a stealth one, its not up on their website as of yet as they have only just come out of prototype. First batch is being made now so will be available in next couple of weeks.
They have been a while in production and testing etc, I am informed that the quality is superb and are all laser welded etc. Very stealthy and not loud
1 Purrfect..

Should be done Thursday so will get some pics up on my photobucket and post a link..

mini cooper (RIP 172)
i'm in the same boat, been looking at the ktec stealth but also waiting to hear what the new gdi one is like! get some pics and a vid up when u get it:D

i think they are £335 plus VAT but he will have to confirm that.

Will defo get some pics up but not sure I can do a vid on my camera!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
whistles, thats dear, but sound like what i'm after too!!!