ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best method to wash car without hose/pressure washer

Arctic 182
As we are still in this sodding 'drought' and i can't use my pressure washer whats the safest way to wash it without inflicting too many swirls?

I'm not a massive detailer but i like my car looking nice. I was hoping to hold out to the end of the drought but seeing as there doesn't seem to be any talk of lifting the ban, and the car being desperate for a wash i think i need to take the plunge.

Would just a mitt and two bucket method be okay?

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Yep two buckets an just be carefully if it is heavily soiled. Then rinse it with a couple of buckets of clean water.

Mine has got quite a bit of build up, so when I do my big wash, gonna pop down the road to Tesco jet wash, apply AF Citrus, Jet wash it down at Tesco, then drive home and wash using 2 bucket method.
Then once I've done that initial spring/summer detail, should be able to keep on top of it and be fine washing it with just the 2 bucket method once its all protected, and just rinsing off with a watering can / bucket of clean water.

Arctic 182
I wont let the kosovans within 100 feet of my car, I've seen what they do do paint by looking at my girlfriends car! Paintwork is awful.What's this AF Citrus then, does it break down the dirt?

Yea Autofinesse Citrus. Great when used with a pressure washer. Doesn't strip wax either.
Similar type of product to snowfoam I guess. Used pre-wash.

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/cgi-bin/sh000001.pl?REFPAGE=http%3a%2f%2fwww%2epolishedbliss%2eco%2euk%2f&WD=citrus&PN=auto-finesse-citrus-power-cat2%2ehtml%23aAFCP1000#aAFCP1000

Auto Finesse Citrus Power combines an advanced detergent with a strong citrus solvent to give powerful fast-acting cleaning power, making it ideal for removing tough deposits of grime that ordinary cleaning products cannot shift. You will be amazed at how quickly and effectively the citrus solvent cuts through bug splatter, even though it is environmentally friendly. Fast acting and safe for use on all painted, plastic, vinyl, rubber and metal surfaces, Auto Finesse Citrus Power rinses away easily to leave such surfaces streak and spot free.