ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

best lens for fireworks tonight

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
Going to a public display tonight and not sure if I would be best with the kit lens 18-55, nifty fifty or my 70-200 L lens

I will be stood a few hundred metres away from the display as well

Any suggestions welcome

18-55mm.

The wider the better. Obviously this does depend on how far away you are, but I'd say 18-55 was best.

I took 10-20mm last year and went with 17-50mm this time. 10-20mm was probably the better one TBH.

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
i have the sigma 10-20 but my friend has borrowed it for his holidays so it is out of the question typically

will stick the 18-55 on bulb and hope for the best :)

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Was thinking this exact thing this morning (along with "why did I drink so much last night" and "urrrrrgh....")

Post 3 here is awesome ... the guy's a genius with the black card: http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=272383

I'm taking my 50mm as its tiny, Sigma 10-20 just incase my 15-85 USM isn't wide enough !

Found my remote control and tripod head this morning too, they've been AWOL for a while haha

will stick the 18-55 on bulb and hope for the best :)

If you don't have a remote, try the 2-sec timer to avoid shake !

I found the 50mm awful last night, from where I was stood it wasn't wide enough, so I put the 18-55mm on and found that to be decent enough.