ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best laptop for around £350?!

Impreza Wagon
I'm in desperate need of a new laptop so I'm calling on all computer boffins to help me out :)

My budget is around £350, main use is for general web browsing, watching films on the TV (connection via HD or normal cable), Photo editing and basic video editing.

I've been looking at the ASUS range with an i3 processor, is this sort of thing OK?

Impreza Wagon
It's not any serious editing just very basic. I use a HD camera for MTB'ing so it's mainly footage from that which gets uploaded to Facebook/Mpora/Youtube etc.

I'd love to wait but the other laptop has given up and the Netbook is terrible for anything other than surfing the net.

Impreza Wagon
It did cross my mind but after having a look at one I don't think it's the ideal choice :(. I sometimes do a bit of work at home which invloves spreadsheets which could prove to be awkward on an iPad.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
I asked the same question a week or so ago and ended up with the Lenovo from eBuyer for £399, it has the latest architecture i3 and 4gb or ram.

I liked the Asus and the Asus was a better spec but my gran is happy with the lenovo!

I'd just get a Chromebook, and make do without the photo/video editing. Unless theres a way to do some simple stuff for youtube etc..

so that's probably no help at all.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
I'd just get a Chromebook, and make do without the photo/video editing. Unless theres a way to do some simple stuff for youtube etc..

so that's probably no help at all.

GTFO.png

Impreza Wagon
I checked out ebuyer but nothing jumped out at me. I have an Asus netbook which has been great however I've seen a few Lenovo reviews and all seems good. I'll take a look :)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
ive just recently bought a Lenovo X121e with an i3 1.4GHz, mine was quite a bit more than your budget as i specced the better battery, SSD drive, 8GB of ram and windows 7 pro but the budget one comes in at about £370 on the Lenovo site and other places do them for cheaper although i couldnt seem to find any places online offering the 1.4GHz revised one it was all the older 1.3ghz one although performance difference i recon will be marginal at best!

Impreza Wagon
All the Lenovo laptops are confusing, so many different variations of pretty much the same thing.

I think the ASUS or ACER is looking like the best for my budget with an i3 a the mo. Do the Lenovo's come with a 1 year guarantee like ASUS?