ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Ipod connection options for 182 (tuner list HU)

182 FF
Newb here:)

Have been checking out some of the posts about how to get ipod (touch) connections to either existing head units but am not sure what the best option for us is.

We have an 04 plate 182, with a tuner list head unit, so the aux cable connection isn't an option for us - or is there some secret way of doing it that we haven't read on here?! ;)

If fitting a connection to our current head unit isn't an option, can anyone recommend other systems eg. dension ice kit or a new head unit with ipod connection?

Personally, I'm not keen on having another head unit (as most of them are pretty rude-boyish, all bells and whistles and flashing lights!) but if there is a really decent, smart looking one out there that does the job I could be persuaded!

Or, for roughly the same price, would we be better off getting a dension kit and can you get these fitted easily?

Criteria is only really that it's controllable from the steering wheel controls (a must) and that it's not fugly.

Any suggestions?

dension unless gateway 100 are poor quality as they are only radio quality.
there is an aux version available.can supply delivered for £42 delivered from my current stock with free release keys

if you want stalk control to change track however can supply a charging version and also allows controls to continue working £75 delivered

matt

ur megane r26
hello mt audio sorry for slight thread hijack but have you got a website or something? need a new headunit, have a rough idea what i want and need some prices, cheers

182 FF
Thanks Matt that sounds pretty cool - as brownale says, have you got a website? would be interested in having a browse. However £75 for a charging version sounds pretty nifty, is it a cradle that the ipod pops in? I don't want an ipod in glovebox scenario, something smart that looks like it 'belongs' is what I'm after.
Ta! x

no website as of yet.
theres no cradle with it,the idea is if its the charging version you put it into your glovebox as you dont need to use it.
currently sorting dealings with nemesis to supply car specific mounts

matt

Charged Superleggera
connects2 is amazing tbh. for £75 it charges the ipod and allows you to change tracks from the stalk and also maintain your dash display. i have a cabasse tuner list cd player in mines from a 182 and it worked atright away with the connects2 that plug into the cd changer port

Black Gold 182 FF
Only doesn't work with tuner list I would like to add to avoid confusion, update list model only.

182 FF
yeah ours is tuner list so that other cable wouldn't work. Hmm i'm intrigued by that connects2 system particularly as everything on the standard head unit functions as normal

Elise S1 B&C 140
I have a lead that runs from the headphone socket on the ipod to the Cd changer port on the stereo works a treat, but thats on a pioneer, not sure if it work on the tuner list?

Black Gold 182 FF
The tuner list does not have a standard AUX in socket on the back like the update list. An ipod/mp3 player can only be connected via the CD changer port on the tuner list (so you lose the CD changer).

The CD changer port is a digital audio input (SPDIF) so you need some sort of interface which can convert the analogue output of the ipod to digital and also there is some communication required to the head unit to fool it into thinking that it has a CD changer connected and to display track numbers as you move forward through the playlist.

RB Clio 182
connects2 is amazing tbh. for £75 it charges the ipod and allows you to change tracks from the stalk and also maintain your dash display. i have a cabasse tuner list cd player in mines from a 182 and it worked atright away with the connects2 that plug into the cd changer port

I have one of these as well got it off ebay works fine!

2003 Clio 172
Hi! I'm new to this forum, just bought a 2003 Clio 172 so I am a happy guy!

That connects2 solution seems like the perfect solution to my problem. Does anybody know if it works with an ipod touch? In the ebay advert it's not on the list.

Also, what sort of installation work do you need to get it working?

Cheers!

wsc

1.2 16v Extreme 3, 2005
The CD changer port is a digital audio input (SPDIF) so you need some sort of interface which can convert the analogue output of the ipod to digital and also there is some communication required to the head unit to fool it into thinking that it has a CD changer connected and to display track numbers as you move forward through the playlist.

Have you used the Connects2 iPod interface.
How many playlists can you scroll through. I would get it, but I want to go through albums/artists but I don't think you can :(

2003 Clio 172
Hi,

After much reading through the forum and other places I decided on buyin a connects 2 aux input for the tuner list since it only cost me 30 pounds intstead of the 140 for the dension gateway 100. 110 pounds just to be able to control the ipod from the stereo is not worth it for me.

Anyway it looks good but the cable that's supposed to go from the H/U to the Connects 2 box is a bit short so I am going to try and keep the Connects 2 box behind the radio and bring only the jack cable to the back of the glove box compartment (save me a bit of room on the glove box as well).

Hopefully it fits and will be working by the end of today. Fingers crossed. Will let you know how I get on.

2003 Clio 172
Done, I was surprised by the amount of room that there is behind/on top of the glove box compartment. So everything is working nicely now! Now just need some velcro to fix the ipod to the dash and a nice thin black jack cable to connect it. But for now it's working so all I need is a few long playlists to shuffle and it's all good :D

wsc

1.2 16v Extreme 3, 2005
Hi,

After much reading through the forum and other places I decided on buyin a connects 2 aux input for the tuner list since it only cost me 30 pounds intstead of the 140 for the dension gateway 100. 110 pounds just to be able to control the ipod from the stereo is not worth it for me.

Anyway it looks good but the cable that's supposed to go from the H/U to the Connects 2 box is a bit short so I am going to try and keep the Connects 2 box behind the radio and bring only the jack cable to the back of the glove box compartment (save me a bit of room on the glove box as well).

Hopefully it fits and will be working by the end of today. Fingers crossed. Will let you know how I get on.
So did you put the Connects2 box behind the radio? Or on top of the glove box?

I have my Connects2 box currently in the glove box, but I need something to attach it to the inside wall as it's loose.
What do other people do?