ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

best induction kit for grunt / sound

on the look out
ok sorry been loads of questions regarding this but im after 1 very soon . ive had pipercross etc & k/n kits on other cars and they have been spot on. but now time has come to get 1 on the 172 cup first mod lol . i do no this isnt going to increase any bhp but i do love the sound of them :D so wots it going to be then please . as there are so many diff one`s for a 172 dont say viper as they just dont do it for me im after sound wise ;)

Cup Turbo, Flamer
Piper X cone filter, sounds awesome, does nothing for performance though! I opted for a bmc after that, better performance but doesn't sound as good!

Octy vRS & Ninja 650
I have a BMC CDA, and it's quiet with the pipe on, or if you take it off, it makes a beautiful roar sound, and a nice gurgle at low revs. Sometimes reminds me of a dog being sick noise sometimes though lol

LHD Clio 172 mk1
On my 172 I have a K&N Typhoon.

It give me power and SOUND is amazing :rasp: :hail:

http://boulet.2000.free.fr/Clio/powerdyn/Typhoon/comparaison_typhoon_couple.gif
http://boulet.2000.free.fr/Clio/powerdyn/Typhoon/Delta_couple.gif
http://boulet.2000.free.fr/Clio/powerdyn/Typhoon/Delta_puissance.gif

And about the sound I don't have any videos but do you like old cars with twice Webber?

Well until you're not in full throtle sound is like OEM filter. After it's fabulous, so gorgeous, so sexy, so goooooood, so big. so Rocco :quiet:

Do you know classical kit? You can forget it's sucks.:nono:

All of my friends love it, my mechanical love it, my GF think's something wrong in the car and something will broken :banghead:

And last but not least it's bolt on and perfect finish.

on the look out
cheers fella them graphs to tec for me just like the old growl roar etc when you stick you foot down lol . as i said i have had pipercross and they where the dogs but now ive got a 172 cup need something that sounds as good or even better

182 Trophy & Megabusa
SImota aerofoam carbon fibre thingy

i was gonna say this too, looks the nuts IMO too, very loud and very nice tone!

here's mine:

100_0030.jpg

on the look out
at last found a few bits if any one else wants 1
www.simota.com

a guy on ebay username dp9300
dp performance 01928 567333

SANSPEED PARTNER
Address:1-17 STANDARD ROAD BEXLEYHEATH KENT DA6 8DP
Tel :44-(0) 20 8301 4676
Fax :44-(0) 20 8298 0228

Last edited:
  Not got a car
Ive had many cars and waisted loads of money on dif types of filters and i must say nothing has came even close to the one on my clio now, the rumble it makes then the roar at 5k is awesome. Bought it for £60 to.

PICT0338.gif

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
POWERTEC all the way for shear sound.

100% steel. No plastic or foam involved so literally is like putting a trumpet on your engine.

- only downside is at its 100% steel if you sit in traffic it just stores the heat up in the filter mesh and when you start moving again it heats up the air when it goes in.

had 1 before my BMC CDA and Powertec sound much more aggressive and noisy

k-tec do them BTW

RenaultSport Clio 182 CUP
Iv went through 4 different induction kits and the aeroform was by far the loudest. The carbon sheild acts like a megaphone and is`awsome.

on the look out
Ive had many cars and waisted loads of money on dif types of filters and i must say nothing has came even close to the one on my clio now, the rumble it makes then the roar at 5k is awesome. Bought it for £60 to.

PICT0338.gif

wot is it make etc ??

BLACK 197!!
wot is it make etc ??

i can sell u one of these for £50 on the car for few months needs a bit of a clean up..there simota and there £100new

it is exactly the same as the one in the picture here..sounds awesome as i say jus needs a little bit of a clean..i think these induction kits would be good for people doing quarter mile racing or track days as it put the filter behing the headlight so on race day jus take the headlight out for maximum air flow into filter!!

on the look out
i can sell u one of these for £50 on the car for few months needs a bit of a clean up..there simota and there £100new

it is exactly the same as the one in the picture here..sounds awesome as i say jus needs a little bit of a clean..i think these induction kits would be good for people doing quarter mile racing or track days as it put the filter behing the headlight so on race day jus take the headlight out for maximum air flow into filter!!

ok cheers steve lets have a deal ;) il just buy a cold air feed kit to route up to it . the misses will love driving it then lol

phase 1 172
can some 1 show me the filter inside the simota carbon cover, i`m makin a home made jobbie with my phase 1 air box, im then gonna stick a trumpet on the front like the simota! then wen it gets 2 warm in the summer il put the normal front bak on the air box

Titanium 182
I have just fitted a Simota Aerofoam to my car

And the noise, grunt is class

Has improved perfomance as well, be i also fitted a decat pipe

phase 1 172
leeroy,l can u send me a pic inside the carbon funnel went on there website but cant c wot the filter looks like inside the funnel

cheers