ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best front discs

172 cup turbo
Looking to upgrade my front discs to drilled and grooved. Ive got normal brembos at the moment. They did ok at the ring but now ive got a turbo conversion i wanted a bit more stopping power or overheat issues Any recommendations? Gracias

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
To be honest, the grooves won't really do much.

You'd be better off getting braided hoses if you haven't already & uprating the fluid coupled with some decent pads like CL's for example.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I use Godspeed grooved items on my Cup and they seem pretty good!

050_zps525a7b0b.jpg

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Got ebc green stuff pads. Ok might get the brembo max. Thanks

There's your problem. green stuff are sh*te! Buy some proper pads mate. Putting different discs on isn't going to help when you've got bourbon biscuits for brake pads.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159

I had my brembos coupled with Red stuff pads. Found them fantastic, no issues with them on the roads etc. Plenty of stopping power when needed and a decent bite from cold.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I had my brembos coupled with Red stuff pads. Found them fantastic, no issues with them on the roads etc. Plenty of stopping power when needed and a decent bite from cold.

Red are a million times better than green. Still personally wouldn't use anything ebc do on the cars side though.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me

Thought that might have been the case mate. You've got a oe equivalent pad that you are using on a turbo'd car on the ring.

Spend the money on pads and something designed for that use like the DS2500.

172 cup turbo
:-( ok guys. i was under the impression ebc were good? what pads shall i get with the brembo max discs then? brembo pads? who needs brakes anyway :p

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
:-( ok guys. i was under the impression ebc were good? what pads shall i get with the brembo max discs then? brembo pads? who needs brakes anyway :p

A lot of mixed opinions on ebc, I've never had any problems with them personally and i've always found them to be great.

Just fitted yellowstuff to my gsi.

I think a lot of people also jump on the band wagon and say they are s**t when they've never actually tried them......they've just read other peoples opinions on the internet.

172 cup turbo
A lot of mixed opinions on ebc, I've never had any problems with them personally and i've always found them to be great.

Just fitted yellowstuff to my gsi.

I think a lot of people also jump on the band wagon and say they are s**t when they've never actually tried them......they've just read other peoples opinions on the internet.
well when i had the green stuff fitted to the brembo pads what a difference it made!! stopping power was so much sharper. On the ring they were ok just a tad spongy after a few laps. :-/ what to do lol. OH and uve got a gsi. my fav car. mine got written off by a lady smashing into the side of me :-(((

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Get EBC yellows and brembo flat discs, but if you are running serious power it may be worth upgrading to 4 pots.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member

For track work, Either DS3000's or Carbone Lorrains IMO.

I have used EBC in the past on a number of cars. You won't find many people who compete use them for a good reason, they're poo.

But they are cheap which will probably be why people buy them.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Bit of a sweeping statement there. I compete with them, and they are fine.

I said many Tony. Which is true from what i've seen (maybe I should have made that clearer sorry mate). Theres a few one make championships that use them like Ma5da but that's bound to be price related as well.

I've seen yellows come off the backing plate, they also seem to be pretty hard on discs for some reason & the discs in question were Alcon 2 piece so hardly cheap Sh*t.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
I said many Tony. Which is true from what i've seen (maybe I should have made that clearer sorry mate). Theres a few one make championships that use them like Ma5da but that's bound to be price related as well.

I've seen yellows come off the backing plate, they also seem to be pretty hard on discs for some reason & the discs in question were Alcon 2 piece so hardly cheap Sh*t.

Without going off topic though there has been topics about ds2500s falling apart....

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Without going off topic though there has been topics about ds2500s falling apart....

That's why I said Ds3000's and not 2.5's :)

the DS2500's aren't up to sole track work either, they're more of a fast road odd track day pad.

182cup & 172 racecar

It's all a personal feel thing really, I wouldn't ram any make down peoples throats. It's something that has got to be tried and tested by yourself. I know where I'm at with the Blues now, and can feel exactly what's going on under my foot.

But better ones out there without a doubt.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
It's all a personal feel thing really, I wouldn't ram any make down peoples throats. It's something that has got to be tried and tested by yourself. I know where I'm at with the Blues now, and can feel exactly what's going on under my foot.

But better ones out there without a doubt.

Yeah fair point bud.

S4 Avant
To be honest, I've never had a problem with yellow stuff either. Only reason I tried DS3000s was because they were different.

I've even got some £30 mintex pads in the Audi and they're fine as well. Really have to question what some people are doing to these brake pads on the road to kill them.