ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best exhaust systems and Induction kits?

Clio 182,vvc metro
Hi

Only new to the Renault world after countless hondas,s13 silvias and alot of other random stuff so havent the slightest clue where to statt really

Which catback systems are worth a shout?

And which induction kits are good?

Found myself on the ktec website looking at bits,no idea how though

Are they worth a buy? Never heard of them before so someone with experiences opinion on them would be great!

Thanks

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
BTB, BTM, Yozza for the exhausts.

Induction I think is panel filter only.

you won't get noiticable gains from either.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
'Are they worth a buy?', 'never heard of them before' and you have owned sporty cars before, really!!!

Clio 182,vvc metro
'Are they worth a buy?', 'never heard of them before' and you have owned sporty cars before, really!!!

Where exactly are you going with that?

That I have never heard of them,or that I have never heard of them and im still asking if their stuff is worth buying?

Clio 182,vvc metro
BTB, BTM, Yozza for the exhausts.

Induction I think is panel filter only.

you won't get noiticable gains from either.

Yea I know mate,n/a tuning is pissing in the wind,just looking something decent and reputable. I know the usual makes in honda land etx just havent a clue what is considered decent when it comes to these.

Thanks for the advice!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Ignore me, one of those days.

Exhaust- As mentioned above really. I had a decatted scorpion on my old 182 sounded great and passed noise tests at Oulton (if that's your thing)

Induction side- Minimal diffrence but i loved the k-tec induction kit. Yeah its dear-ish at £100 but if your used to Honda prices, 'Gruppe m, teg' etc you wont mind paying.

oh and get the Rs Tuner map on your car if it hasnt allready. Do a search on here. Well worth the money.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I had a full scorpion system inc decat on my 182, same with the Yozza. Think I still have the scorpion system kicking about in the shed somewhere. Spat some flames with both, lol! I also had the K-tec induction kit. Sounds a bit similar to an old B series Honda when you're high up in the revs, imo.

Titanium Silver 182
I've got a Pure Motorsport catback and de cat for my 182 - pleasant sound and not too intrusive day to day.

An uprated panel filter will put you in good stead buuuuut it won't have the delightfully aggressive tone of an open filter!

James

2005 Clio 182
I had a full scorpion system inc decat on my 182, same with the Yozza. Think I still have the scorpion system kicking about in the shed somewhere. Spat some flames with both, lol! I also had the K-tec induction kit. Sounds a bit similar to an old B series Honda when you're high up in the revs, imo.

You want to sell this if it's not holed? Is it the 019?

Clio 182,vvc metro
Ignore me, one of those days.

Exhaust- As mentioned above really. I had a decatted scorpion on my old 182 sounded great and passed noise tests at Oulton (if that's your thing)

Induction side- Minimal diffrence but i loved the k-tec induction kit. Yeah its dear-ish at £100 but if your used to Honda prices, 'Gruppe m, teg' etc you wont mind paying.

oh and get the Rs Tuner map on your car if it hasnt allready. Do a search on here. Well worth the money.

Not to worry mate!

thanks for the info,I'll have a look now for a bit of info on the tuner map,

was debating going for this if anyone has used it? http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=4418&catid=&appid=2&pic=3

M2 Comp
Have a search re. the induction kit. You can make a "K-Tec style" one for roughly £50.00 last time i looked (there's a guide on here), exactly the same, just no K-Tax ;)

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
I've got a Pure Motorsport catback and de cat for my 182 - pleasant sound and not too intrusive day to day.

An uprated panel filter will put you in good 9stead buuuuut it won't have the delightfully aggressive tone of an open filter!

James

Remove the pipes on standard air box and you get the nice roar ;)