ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Cycle Carrier for Clio?

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
Looking something to carry one or two mountain bikes. MK2 PH2 Clio btw. Don't have a tow bar and don't intend on getting one. Something which I could take to another car if I decide to change would be good too. Have £45 Halfords vouchers so may use those but I'm not too fussy as they can be used for something else. Pictures of your cycle carriers would be good too.

Any help appreciated.

j26

Clio 197
hi, i have one for sale its a genuine renault roof bars with two cycle carriers(used once)

pm me if interested
thanks

not my photo but these are the ones i bought
clio_with_rack.jpg

Last edited:
  Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
Didn't see much on there? :S

The best ?

Thule .. roof mounted. IMO.
What sort of money are we talking for this? Clio specific? Any pictures?

hi, i have one for sale its a genuine renault roof bars with two cycle carriers(used once)

pm me if interested
thanks
Could you PM me some pictures and a price or post in here if you want. From Northern Ireland too so postage might be a problem?

GW200 FF
towball carrier isn't possible because you can't fit a towball on a 182. Roofrack or carrying in the boot is the only way to go. I had a towball carrier on my 1.2 and it was magic, but no use on 182. Started putting bike in inside 182 but i got sick of the bike marking the interior so recently bought a roof kit s/h off here. Not used in anger yet but easy enough to fit once you decode the instructions :)

Websites like skidrive or roofrackshop will tell you exactly what you need to get the car on the roof. Thule proride 591 is the daddy of roof carriers thoguh.

Also think about heli tape or some other protection for the roof as even though the roof bars are rubber padded it may still mark the paintwork.

Cheers

Clio Sport 182
Thule is the way forward! Ive just bought myself a pair and bars.

Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

They cost me a touch over £360 but they are the best, you can lock them all on with one key and when you change cars you dont need to rebuy all of the bits.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
IMG00386-20110523-2125.jpg

I've got Renault ones, they are not bad looking as far as roof bars go. I went for a fork mounted carrier.

LEXUS LS400
I need one of these too for my road bike. Prefer the fork mounted type, but what holds the rest of the bike steady, apart from a velcro strap? I don't want £2500 worth of carbon wobbling about on the roof. The standard type have a bar that secures the down tube.