ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best cost effective road and track coil overs ?

A slow one
Yo guys just looking for some advice or information on which you think is the best road/track use coil overs e.g. brands, set ups, cost
cheers Keith

A slow one
nahh not taking the 1.2 on the track thats just a daily, just wanted some info on best track/road coilovers because im trying to work out costs for a cup track car ?

A slow one
basically i was just looking for infomation on best set ups,cost of a decent suspension set up if i bought a 172 cup to turn into a track car sorry for any confusion

Clio 182
So you're taking the 1.2 on track?!

If you just want some cheap crap to 'slam' your ride, then look at the KTEC ones.

I ordered some of the ktec coilovers today, mainly out of need than want. Hopefully they are better than the standard Renault items. In my clio ownership I've replaced 4 sets of OEM dampers and a set of springs. Hopefully this "crap" is better than the standard Renault items.

I don't attack potholes by the way, I try to have some mechanical sympathy. :)

182cup & 172 racecar
I ordered some of the ktec coilovers today, mainly out of need than want. Hopefully they are better than the standard Renault items. In my clio ownership I've replaced 4 sets of OEM dampers and a set of springs. Hopefully this "crap" is better than the standard Renault items.

I don't attack potholes by the way, I try to have some mechanical sympathy. :)

How the fk do you get through 4 set's of dampers!!

Clio 182
How the fk do you get through 4 set's of dampers!!

My first clio I replaced the first lot as they knocked and leaked from pretty much buying the car, eventually they new Renault items leaked after about 30k on the osr and NSF, I like to change them in pairs and exactly the same thing happened when I went bought my next clio. I know the ktec items aren't as good as h&r etc but it does make me laugh when people slate them for their quality when the standard factory items aren't much better.

182cup & 172 racecar
My first clio I replaced the first lot as they knocked and leaked from pretty much buying the car, eventually they new Renault items leaked after about 30k on the osr and NSF, I like to change them in pairs and exactly the same thing happened when I went bought my next clio. I know the ktec items aren't as good as h&r etc but it does make me laugh when people slate them for their quality when the standard factory items aren't much better.

​Ah, not all the same car then, that's different. Next you'll be saying that the new shocks came from GSF or similar.

Clio 182
​Ah, not all the same car then, that's different. Next you'll be saying that the new shocks came from GSF or similar.

Sorry didnt realise I had to be precise with the number of Clios it was for. The point remains the same though. All Renault parts but again would GSF be that bad compared to the Renault items?

182cup & 172 racecar
I wasn't asking you to be precise, just it gave the impression that you had gone through 4 sets on the same car, which I would think would be a record.

​And I would say yes in most cases.