ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Clio in 20 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  LY 200
197 is the best!*

*just to keep inline with everyone thinking there own car is the best since sliced.....

Clio v6
Dull day, dull presenter. Most exciting looking car on that sleepy vid was the 200. The yellow brightened things up a bit.

I notice he mentioned the awesome Williams number 001 but had he looked behind him in the v6 he might have also mentioned it was v6 number 001. The leather was fitted sometime after the car was built.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Dull day, dull presenter. Most exciting looking car on that sleepy vid was the 200. The yellow brightened things up a bit.

I notice he mentioned the awesome Williams number 001 but had he looked behind him in the v6 he might have also mentioned it was v6 number 001. The leather was fitted sometime after the car was built.

I Remember V6 number 1 being sold as a PH1 near Eastlemark a couple of years ago from a garage--
I take it they reset the numbers on the PH2- I remember Lord harvey had 356 ;)- INFERNO straight off the boat!!!

s

Polo + Micra
did the designers of the 200 work on seperate panels in their own rooms and then just bolt them on once that had all finished?

as it does look like it's been in a shunt and not really repaired properly

williams and trophy
this was done years ago....the answer hasnt changed imho.

magshootpix.jpg

I thought that was quite a good watch. Don't ever read too much into these things. They're fun but always designed with their own ends in mind.

Classic example was the FRS 'rinsing' the Meg 250 on a mountain road, and then the Clio 200 keeping up with the FRS on a twisty track. Blah blah. Tune one then rinse the other etc. etc.

The only thing that matters is how you enjoy your own car. Comparisons are often largely based on opinion, and we all have one of those.

The man talks sense^^

auto express do need some new presenters imo they are all wnk

v10 R8 + tunnel = no grins or smiles>>>>GTFO

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
The Williams is old tat. Move on.

Indeed- may have been good in its day, however its about attractive as my nans wallpaper now -
but we all enjoy what we have- thats why we bought them!

the 197 & 200 are far superior-

I also remember all the haters on the 197-- now they they are the best things since sliced bread---

People will grow to like the 200-

S

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
No a bad review. Although all he did was trickle round the track and repeat what every other clueless journalist has said before. Still inaccurate.

If the 200 is anything like as good as the R27, i have no doubt that it's brilliant. But out of every RS car ever made the V6 and the Williams are the only ones that will be remembered as being just that little bit "Special"

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
There is no such as the best of anything, preference will dictate what customers go for.

One mans vice is another mans sin, has been and always will be the way.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
lol! If you kept the windows closed you died of the heat, if you opened the window you died of the fumes!...

The V6 was overpriced new, the whole point of the 200 is that is better quality than the rest of them and the best of both worlds with performance etc

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
The V6 was overpriced new, the whole point of the 200 is that is better quality than the rest of them and the best of both worlds with performance etc

The RSV6 cost Reno over 70k to build, so selling it for 27k, whilst expensive from the outset is a bargain. Plus what exactly are you benchmarking it against on cost...

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
Nice cars,shame about the driver. He didnt put them through their paces properly. Fair enough the track was damp but he couild have pushed them a bit more.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Amazing. After the 5th gear lap times people still believe that magazines are impartial and truthful. You're all 'special'.

williams and trophy
The RSV6 cost Reno over 70k to build, so selling it for 27k, whilst expensive from the outset is a bargain. Plus what exactly are you benchmarking it against on cost...

and the williams was very competitive on price upon release too. and handed everything else its size, and quite a lot bigger, their arses......and still is doing.

a little clip of the mag day we had at brunters, and the aim for 'an action shot' lol

[youtube]Mhe74CnUak4[/youtube]

Last edited:
  williams and trophy
when did i say that??

its not in my vocabulary to say anything of the sort. the 200 was too slow, too heavy, and far too damn quite to even think about a comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.