ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Claying method..

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Seen a few videos on Youtube, just seeing what works best for you men.

Got myself a megs clay kit, first time I've ever clayed. Want to give the car a proper cleaning and sealing before the elements of winter.

Cheers, Rob.

RS 182 CUP
just do what it says on meguires box, ive done mine twice (only really made a difference the first time i did it)

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers fellas. Guna crack on tomorrow aslong as the weather holds out!

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
just remember to de tar after washing before claying or you will clog up the bar with tar. and as said, the more lube the better

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Dawn probably means tardis... AG tar remover in my experience is OK if you have a few dots, but a PiTA using it on much larger areas.

Also, probably only use it on the lowers and rear but you'll see where it is anyway once the dirt has gone. If you've got tar on your roof, you've got other things to worry about haha !

CLIO PH1 172
yea this is what I thought, i have only ever used AG tar remover when I have asctual splashes of tar near my arches.. thought doing the entire car was a bit ott

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
yep, as Rob said Tardis. Worst area's are the lower panels, i like to literally spray the lower half then follow with a mf then rinse. Once I've gone around the car I'd then apply Iron X/Wolfs & finally clay. You will be surprised how much of a difference Iron X makes to claying! :)