ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best/Cheapest place for HT leads?

172cup
Been to several motor factors & halfrauds... none of them stock HT leads for my cup. Is it just Reno parts, or am i going to r****d shops?

Don't really wanna have to go and get raped by Reno.

BTW... just how much are they for 4?

172cup
sorry, i never tried ebay lol. Its always my VERY last option. Hate ebay.

£40 isn't as bad as i thought tbh... quite good actually. If i have no joy in getting some today, then i will order something like those.

Cheers :D

(PS the end caps on those ebay ones don't look right. 2 are v.long for going into the coil pack) There are no other ebay ones for sale that i can find.

172cup
ok got to say..... www.performanceleads.co.uk .... sh*t hot!!

£31 for a set of 8mm leads for the 1*2 delivered next day. Come in any colour you want!

The quality in comparison to Renault leads is huge. I can't tell you i notice any difference performance wise on the road, as i think a lead is a lead, and a spark is a spark really. However, the actual quality of the leads, connecting pieces, and the protective rubber surrounds etc... brilliant! I remember fitting my Renault leads, and bewildered by the poor connection. Its like the leads just 'sit' on the spark plugs & coil pack. This is very very different. Clunk Click click, solid connection. And look much better than black leads.

I would highly recommend to anyone buying HT leads anytime in the future.... bin Renault off, and go speak to these guys.

5/5 :star::star::star::star::star:

172 cup
i know you dont 'need' a king lead. Just nice if they did come with one, plus the benefit of new leads would be greater with one

172cup
no, either i'm very wrong... or you don't get me.

The 'king' lead you mention is only an electrical lead w/multiplug on the 1*2... you don't have an HT type lead, therefore you don't 'need' one.

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
Mine arrive tomorrow in red and assume they look no different to the Magnecor ones?!